The criticisms are misdirected here. We all want the same thing. All I'm saying is having Rangers men doesn't necessarily mean anything. They might have honourable intentions but it doesn't mean they have the skills to overhaul our archaic infrastructure and develop us as a club. When Advocaat had us at a level where we could go toe to toe with Bayern it didn't matter that he was not a Rangers man. It didn't matter when Laudrup required 4 players marking him that he wasn't originally one of us.

All I want is people at our club who have the skills to bring us back to life. I don't care who they are, I just want to see a Rangers I can be proud of supporting again. Don't think I'll see that again. Fergus McCann came in and overhauled Celtic, my understanding is he wasn't a 'Celtic man'. We require something like that.

I don't see the point in falling out about this because I'm very much in tune with both of you. Everything about us just completely depresses me though.

The criticisms are misdirected here. We all want the same thing. All I'm saying is having Rangers men doesn't necessarily mean anything. They might have honourable intentions but it doesn't mean they have the skills to overhaul our archaic infrastructure and develop us as a club. When Advocaat had us at a level where we could go toe to toe with Bayern it didn't matter that he was not a Rangers man. It didn't matter when Laudrup required 4 players marking him that he wasn't originally one of us.

All I want is people at our club who have the skills to bring us back to life. I don't care who they are, I just want to see a Rangers I can be proud of supporting again. Don't think I'll see that again. Fergus McCann came in and overhauled Celtic, my understanding is he wasn't a 'Celtic man'. We require something like that.

I don't see the point in falling out about this because I'm very much in tune with both of you. Everything about us just completely depresses me though.

This lot are not the ones.

What do we mean by success? Everything is relative, right?

Success does not have to mean that we go from the doldrums of the Championship to the CL in one season. Right now I'd surmise that many Rangers' fans who see their team skate the Championship and make an honest attempt at winning the Premiership would consider that to be a success.

Would Ashley consider that a success? If it brought crowds of 30,000 + and who were buying merchandise, I suppose he would.

Those figures quoted above will not continue if the present trends continue. Falling crowds, boycotters, parallel merchandising and negativism everywhere will impact on sales. Will Ashley see that as a success?

We are a very small niche in his overall interests, but he has already shown us that the present situation is unacceptable. He has sent in Llambias to cut away the driftwood. Who's next?

You would have to think that come January he will cut away about six of the dross playing for us, and bring in a few energetic souls. Not stars, but certainly an improvement on the present incumbents. Save on salaries, expend a few million £s here and there, and put a temporary stay on the sp*vs feeding from the trough; is that success?

This is a global brand we are talking about here, do you think Ashley likes to lose?

Yes, John, mediocracy can be sold but it must appear to be a success.

Those of you who are dripping in cynicism when you talk about Rangers' success, I think you want Rangers to be successful so badly you can taste it.

I'm struggling a little to understand what point you're making here. Success for Rangers will surely always be measured against past 'successes', no? A side containing international players making a serious challenge for every domestic trophy, winning more of them than we lose is what most of us see as 'success'. Some will factor Europe in, some will want good youth players but history shows that regular domestic success is what sustains the Rangers support.

However I'm far from convinced Ashley will care about that. He's not here for 50 years, we're a current potential revenue stream, one that'll be discarded quickly if we don't deliver required returns. That might seem cynical to you but for me it's simply realism.

You made an interesting point when you asked "do you think Ashley likes to lose", what's missing from your question is 'at what game?' Ashley isn't here to protect himself from extradition like Abramovich, or for self-aggrandisement like the guys at Man City or because he's a serial 'sports franchise' businessman like the guys at Man U or Liverpool.

He's here to help Sports Direct sell more Lonsdale t-shirts and Dunlop bags, no other reason. It's not cynical to assume that his aspirations and ours might not be aligned, it's common sense frankly.

He's here to help Sports Direct sell more Lonsdale t-shirts and Dunlop bags, no other reason. It's not cynical to assume that his aspirations and ours might not be aligned, it's common sense frankly.

The latter is disrespectful to anyone who disagrees with the general conception of Ashley, the former is an assumption that is probably very much a reflection of his core interest. It is very much up to debate whether it is Ashley sole interest though. If you believe that, fair enough. Those not following suit straight away are not be default lacking "common sense". Only Ashley knows what Ashley's plans for Rangers FC are. Making money is sure one of his top priorities.

Edited by der Berliner

The latter is disrespectful to anyone who disagrees with the general conception of Ashley, the former is an assumption that is probably very much a reflection of his core interest. It is very much up to debate whether it is Ashley sole interest though. If you believe that, fair enough. Those not following suit straight away are not be default lacking "common sense". Only Ashley knows what Ashley's plans for Rangers FC are. Making money is sure one of his top priorities.

So after all your previous experiences of judging past regimes, which will have included a belief or hope that Rangeritis had kicked in. You are once again basing your opinion/views on another regime, by mostly ignoring previous MO and hoping that it'll be different this time and Rangeritis will kick-in.

Can't you realise how 'Alice in Wonderland' that is ?

Have a look at my 'signature' below.............

Edited by buster.