Taking aside all the financial mess and irregularities from the current and previous board members - does Kenny McDowall actually warrant a pay off of hundreds of thousands of pounds? Yes, technically he is due this via his mental salary/contract - but look at these figures and look at what he has done in his time with us. He has earned more than enough from us - in reality he shouldn't be rewarded with a penny more IMO.

I agree and the same goes for Ally but if we don't pay him, he would sue us and he would win because up until now he has not had the ultimate responsibility for picking the team or the tactics.

An honest football manager would have held his hands up 4 years ago and said the job was beyond him and take Durrant and McDowall with him, instead they have all lined their pockets them and the board.

You're probably more right that the board if not in complete disarray and doing it's job should have got rid of them years ago.

But they're all at it

Ibrox has been a relative gravytrain for many on the footballing staff for a longtime.

In recent years that particular gravytrain has generally been cutback with some individuals still on previous contracts that simply have to be honoured or settled.

Our main problems centre on the new types of gravytrain that were created in recent times that have seen large amounts of cash go with directors and the deals they have signed up to that don't represent value for the football club going forward.

Not forgetting the lack of revenue (eg.retail) because of directors giving things away.

And the lack of revenue through supporters not trusting the serial misleaders and liars in and around the boardroom.

So the multi-layered graytrain has to be studied in detail and appropriate attention given to the most damaging. That forensic study would only come if we can oust the present incumbents and their direct influence from the board.

The board are meddling in team matters because the football management are perceived to be failing in their primary objective i.e. getting Rangers promoted back to the top division.

We can debate all day whether they're correct to do that or not

That must be the weirdest press conference that a manager or coach of a football team has ever given anywhere in the world.

To openly admit that you have been instructed to play 5 new loan players every week, if fit, means that he has no authority whatsoever in the dressing room and no way to motivate the players concerned at the same time as he will lose the support of the rest of the dressing room (if indeed he has that right now) and there will be a clear divide between the chosen men of Newcastle and the rest.

One thing he can be congratulated on is his honesty. I bet Llambias and Easdale were ill listening to him.

On the other hand he has shown himself to be completely devoid of any self respect. His justification that "they have come up to play" beggars belief.

I wonder if he is effectively challenging them to sack him for breach of confidentiality; but I honestly doubt if he's clever enough to figure that out.

He was hesitant with his answer about what he would do if any of the 5 were not playing well, he muttered something about having subs to bring on. Let's say he pulled one off or just decided not to start one or other then would he be sacked for disobeying instructions? If so I bet he's have a queue of managers and coaches ready to speak in his defence at a tribunal for unfair dismissal.

All that said, if ANY of these players are better than what we have in their positions then they SHOULD play; but no way should that be dictated to the coach by the directors.

It's just outrageous.

No self respecting manager would come in and take the job on those conditions, so how are we going to employ a replacement of any quality?

Nothing to say about how the football board have been and are 'doing their job' ?

Edited by buster.

I am going to email all members of the RFB and challenge them to reinforce their vote of no confidence in the Board as a result of their interference in the team selection process and invite them to resign if the Board do not reverse this ridiculous decision which will make us the laughing stock of the football world.

I suggest others do the same or similar as they see fit.

I am going to email all members of the RFB and challenge them to reinforce their vote of no confidence in the Board as a result of their interference in the team selection process and invite them to resign if the Board do not reverse this ridiculous decision which will make us the laughing stock of the football world.

perhaps a vote of no confidence in the first team management as well?

The board are meddling in team matters because the football management are perceived to be failing in their primary objective i.e. getting Rangers promoted back to the top division.

We can debate all day whether they're correct to do that or not

There is no debate to be had.

How can a football board have appointed McDowell in the first place and now, keep him in place ?

Unless of course MASH want undue influence on the dressing room aswell as the boardroom.

.......and if you are happy with that, then you run true to form in the consistency of your judgement.

You are right BH. I didn't think we could become more of a laughing stock, but this takes it to whole new level. McDowell should tell them to keep the fuck out of football business or he should walk.