Why are some fans still happy with this situation and others coming out and saying they will vote for the board? When all other possibilities are ruled out, only stupidity remains.

I haven't come across anyone willing to vote for the board.

On a sidenote, if there was any confirmation still required that some chap down Magpie way is calling the shots at Ibrox and thus his "second" football club, this is it. (They just made a cock up in designing Ashley's look-alike clone.)

That interview makes McDowall look unemployable as a manager for the rest of his career. He may just be protecting his wage and at least telling us what's going on, but he still comes across as having no backbone, no character, no integrity, and no understanding of the job. He seems happy to be a puppet when a manager needs to be his own man.

I think he has shown more backbone and integrity than others ever did in coming forward and simply telling how things are in an honest and straightforward manner.

Edited by buster.

I haven't come across anyone willing to vote for the board.

On a sidenote, if there was any confirmation still required that some chap down Magpie way is calling the shots at Ibrox and thus his "second" football club, this is it. (They just made a cock up in designing Ashley's look-alike clone.)

Some on Twitter in the last couple of days. The worry is the numbers may be close. Apart from those like McMurdo, why would anyone still think MA etc are good for Rangers and don't deserve to be run out of town? Have they got themselves into such an entrenched position that they are delusional?

Edited by Blue Moon

Who is in ultimate charge of the football operation and is responsible for hiring and firing ?

That is where you have to point the finger.

Mate - I am well aware of the f.ucked up position we are all in. It's a shambles of a mess. There is no denying that. On this, I am trying looking at it purely from a footballing perspective - and I am not against fresh players coming in who will generally improve the team and create competition for places/give the current shysters a kick up the erse. But they probably dn;t care anyway because they know most of them will be out on their erses comr end of May. Ang quite rightly so. None have done anything to warrant a new contract.

McDowall has no right to be at the club after what himself and Ally have done. It's purely self centered financial greed that is keeping hm there for the time being. If he doesn't like it he can leave - and I'm sure he will survive in his big house and piles of cash in the bank that he has made from his (failed) time at our club.

We are just a laughing stock, hardly a football club.

Rangers in name only.

Maybe, in the face of a regime change, we stop this sort of self-commiseration? We had that since 2012. We are still there, Ibrox is still there, the trophies are still there. The scum will not be there forever though.

I think he has shown more backbone and integrity than others ever did in coming forward and simply telling how things are in an honest and straightforward manner.

Backbone? He basically says he is happy to do what is asked of him. Backbone would be to say he is not happy to do this. In fairness the media should have stopped the interview and stated they are no longer interested in interviewing him. If rangers want a football presser then send out sandy or Derek or fuck them.

Mate - I am well aware of the f.ucked up position we are all in. It's a shambles of a mess. There is no denying that. On this, I am trying looking at it purely from a footballing perspective - and I am not against fresh players coming in who will generally improve the team and create competition for places/give the current shysters a kick up the erse. But they probably dn;t care anyway because they know most of them will be out on their erses comr end of May. Ang quite rightly so. None have done anything to warrant a new contract.

McDowall has no right to be at the club after what himself and Ally have done. It's purely self centered financial greed that is keeping hm there for the time being. If he doesn't like it he can leave - and I'm sure he will survive in his big house and piles of cash in the bank that he has made from his (failed) time at our club.

Two things I'd say, MB................

1. It's no longer possible to look at this with only a footballing perspective. The very fact that the board is picking the first team only confirms this in the most blatant possible way.

2. McDowell and McCoist have every right to position themselves as they have done. The relevant contracts were agreed and ammended then signed by both the individuals and the club.

Coming back to the original point, it's up to the football board to take the necessary timely actions regards the football operation and employees within.

Edited by buster.

A combination of McCoist and McDowall have totally ripped our footballing strategy to pieces. We had an oportunity to re-build from the fouth tier. However, they have squandered a hell of alot of money on dire players and given them a holiday camp environment ply their trade.

Why should McDowall be trusted any further ??

I despise the board, but if we want to stand any chance of promotion then a move like this may make sense over the next few months.

Again - go Kenny if you want. Actually - please f.ucking go ! I'm sure you're not going to be homeless on the streets due to lack of money.

The board are deciding who should play. Equally they could have laid down a strategy for the football side and instructed the manager to follow it. They could have set a budget on salaries and signing on fees, age profile of players, future marketability of new signings etc. They did none of that, they just continued to throw money at a hopeless manager . Who is worse, the man isn't up to the job or the people who keep him in place no matter how bad the performances are?