Scott McClymont@mcclymontscott 11m11 minutes ago

Kenny McDowall's news conference is quite something, well worth a watch. Video here http://bit.ly/1ziKGRw

Why are some fans still happy with this situation and others coming out and saying they will vote for the board? When all other possibilities are ruled out, only stupidity remains.

in fairness to the board (which i'm no fan of)

They backed Ally with his decisions for the squad we've squandered millions on it and for what? Look at the state of our performances! Perhaps them saying you must play these 5 guys might make a difference or even bring out a performance from those whose places are under threat now

A competent and honest football board have recognised the problems a longtime ago and had a new manager appointed to replace McCoist.

A normal and hoest football board wouldn't have played bluff with our promotion chances in trying to force McCoist into walking rather than settling or immediately putting him on gardening leave.

A normal and honest football board wouldn't have appointed McDowell and after so doing, wouldn't continue with the farce.

Personally I think in this interview he is saying "Fuck you I don't give a shit what you throw in my face I will not be leaving" I actually quite like that. Only to the EGM of course then other decisions have to be made.

A combination of McCoist and McDowall have totally ripped our footballing strategy to pieces. We had an oportunity to re-build from the fouth tier. However, they have squandered a hell of alot of money on dire players and given them a holiday camp environment ply their trade.

Why should McDowall be trusted any further ??

I despise the board, but if we want to stand any chance of promotion then a move like this may make sense over the next few months.

Again - go Kenny if you want. Actually - please f.ucking go ! I'm sure you're not going to be homeless on the streets due to lack of money.

That interview makes McDowall look unemployable as a manager for the rest of his career. He may just be protecting his wage and at least telling us what's going on, but he still comes across as having no backbone, no character, no integrity, and no understanding of the job. He seems happy to be a puppet when a manager needs to be his own man.

A combination of McCoist and McDowall have totally ripped our footballing strategy to pieces. We had an oportunity to re-build from the fouth tier. However, they have squandered a hell of alot of money on dire players and given them a holiday camp environment ply their trade.

Why should McDowall be trusted any further ??

I despise the board, but if we want to stand any chance of promotion then a move like this may make sense over the next few months.

Again - go Kenny if you want. Actually - please f.ucking go ! I'm sure you're not going to be homeless on the streets due to lack of money.

Who is in ultimate charge of the football operation and is responsible for hiring and firing ?

That is where you have to point the finger.