Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

What is the current situation?

No FD or CEO and delisted from the stock market. Is that good?

Not to mention we don't yet know who the manager will be for the new season and who will be playing for us.

Not a lot there to convince everyone everything is ok and we should all renew ST's no questions asked.

I genuinely hope this current regime can turns things around but so far I have been far from impressed

Can I ask what were you really expecting and on what time scale?

Why is having a CEO or FD so important to you? We are living from month to month I would say we don't want the heavy wages of a CEO or FD until we are in calmer waters.

The season is just finished so is one week a reasonable time scale to employ a new manager? It would not really have benefited McCall or the team to have a manager hunt in the background.

If people don't buy ST's then there will be less money for players that is an easy addition sum.

I feel some are making unreasonable demands regarding the time scale.

What with the need to be listed......, I thought the long-term sensible approach was a quasi-democratic form of fan ownership.....

Aye some of those venture capitalists, vulture funds and bankers are just what the club needs....

FD/CEO will come in due course.....I quite like the sound of a couple of blokes on 200k max, who were into honesty, added value to the club and pursued fair contracts that were consistent with our size and gave us value....

No bonuses.....they can take home a Sports Direct hoarding if desperate.

The idea that there is money to be made by pension funds / institutional investors in our club is laughable.....there is money to be made by strip and rip hedge funds and dodgy bastards but i think we have tried that bus route ......

Let us be realistic ...buy within our means invest in yputh and the future and see how the European leagues develop in the next ten years...without access to massive tv money we need an alternative, realistic strategy based on a mixture of youth, development and good European bargain scouting.

What with the need to be listed......, I thought the long-term sensible approach was a quasi-democratic form of fan ownership.....

Aye some of those venture capitalists, vulture funds and bankers are just what the club needs....

FD/CEO will come in due course.....I quite like the sound of a couple of blokes on 200k max, who were into honesty, added value to the club and pursued fair contracts that were consistent with our size and gave us value....

No bonuses.....they can take home a Sports Direct hoarding if desperate.

The idea that there is money to be made by pension funds / institutional investors in our club is laughable.....there is money to be made by strip and rip hedge funds and dodgy bastards but i think we have tried that bus route ......

Let us be realistic ...buy within our means invest in yputh and the future and see how the European leagues develop in the next ten years...without access to massive tv money we need an alternative, realistic strategy based on a mixture of youth, development and good European bargain scouting.

The need to be listed is a share issue.

Something I don't want to be hearing, a stepping stone. “Managers are ambitious and the better managers also see managing a team like Rangers as a window into the English Premier League.”

King Q&A Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11661269/Rangers-news-Dave-King-pledges-clearout-as-11-players-are-released.html

Edited by raygun

Something I don't want to be hearing, a stepping stone. “Managers are ambitious and the better managers also see managing a team like Rangers as a window into the English Premier League.”

King Q&A Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11661269/Rangers-news-Dave-King-pledges-clearout-as-11-players-are-released.html

At the end of the day, it is the sad reality right now. Not that I see anyone linked thus far looking for a later EPL job, bar Cathro perhaps.

LOL i am an ST holder.

I don't know why you posted LOL??.

I am just wondering why you had,in your words ''blind faith'' when it was blatantly obviously to everyone that they were bad for Rangers, in the previous parasites that you purchased a ST yet you are implying you are not buying a ST this season until you see who is appointed manager?,and what players are signed?,and also encouraging others not to buy a ST!.

As you know I did not renew last season because of the parasites,but this season I will renew yet you think I am wrong in believing Kingco will do their very best for Rangers,unlike the prvious regime that you bought into!. You have a strange way of thinking!.

Edited by ian1964

Rangers news: Dave King pledges clearout as 11 players are released

King adds that his target for season-ticket sales – the price of which has just gone up by five per cent – is a whopping 45,000

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11661269/Rangers-news-Dave-King-pledges-clearout-as-11-players-are-released.html

King adds that his target for season-ticket sales – the price of which has just gone up by five per cent – is a whopping 45,000

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11661269/Rangers-news-Dave-King-pledges-clearout-as-11-players-are-released.html

No chance whatsoever of selling 45K ST's.

I think we could quite easily sell between 35k and 45k season tickets and we won't be far away IMO, our fans have been quite remarkable in times of need and this is another one of those times so I am expecting nothing less.

After the last 3/4 years we now have people in charge who at last look like they have the clubs best interest at heart compared to the vultures and parasites of before.

I for one will be going back after a season missed and I won't be waiting on the appointment of a new manager or seeing what players we sign, I have trust in this board to take us forward.