Over 33,000 Season books now sold!!

Just because I'm not signed up to the Dave King Glee Club, doesn't necessarily mean that my posts are negative. If you, or anyone else for that matter, think that he is above reproach, then, of course, they will not come across well to you.

If I missed the humour in your post, my humble apologies. :)

every post from football, ticket operations, management,fans and boardroom, you are like a broken record.

your smugness does you no good.

every post from football, ticket operations, management,fans and boardroom, you are like a broken record.

your smugness does you no good.

What have I said about the manager that has upset you? I was happy about the appointment.

As for the rest, let's talk specifics and we can take it from there.

Manager and assistant. Have I missed an announcement about other coaches coming aboard?

£8m of loans. Terrific!

Three new players in to compliment the remaining stars from last season’s triumphs.

Season tickets always sell at this time of year, and frankly, they couldn't get any worse than last season’s flop.

I think it is worth pointing out that the new board had nothing to do with any player signings from last season or any player contracts. The players that are left have a contract and it will cost a fortune to pay them off. Hopefully we can sell some of them on. The new board have been left with the players kept on. Why would the board release them before the new manager has had time to assess them. You really need to think things a little better through before trying to attack the board at every chance. Or are you on the Mediahouse payroll as well.

What have I said about the manager that has upset you? I was happy about the appointment.

As for the rest, let's talk specifics and we can take it from there.

if you go on any thread recently on here, you are constantly bleating about something. I'm glad your happy about the management appointment, but I fail to see what is it you want from Rangers at this time?

why not do an article for Gersnet with your concerns?

I think it is worth pointing out that the new board had nothing to do with any player signings from last season or any player contracts. The players that are left have a contract and it will cost a fortune to pay them off. Hopefully we can sell some of them on. The new board have been left with the players kept on. Why would the board release them before the new manager has had time to assess them. You really need to think things a little better through before trying to attack the board at every chance. Or are you on the Mediahouse payroll as well.

There was no need to point out the ins and outs of contracts arranged before March as it's not difficult to grasp. I commented in reply to a claim that players were being bought to win the second tier. Three have been bought, or to be exact, one has been bought, two were free, and they have been added to a bunch of losers from last season. Which part of that allowed you to twist it into me attacking the board on pre-existing contracts?

The board released eleven players before the new manager could assess them, so spare me that nonsense. They were punted in order to save money on the wage bill. Those with existing deals stayed because of the cost involved in terminations. If all the players had deals up at the end of the season, there would have been others shown the door before Warburton arrived on the scene.

Your wee snide dig at the end was fucking pathetic, but is typical of fans who put a side or individuals first before the club and won't countenance any dissenting voices.

if you go on any thread recently on here, you are constantly bleating about something. I'm glad your happy about the management appointment, but I fail to see what is it you want from Rangers at this time?

why not do an article for Gersnet with your concerns?

As you don't want to go into specifics, we appear to be done here.

I am perfectly happy voicing my concerns on the board, thanks.

I think it's perfectly fair to harbour doubt about the new regime as, while the club appears to have at least stabilised, there's not much evidence of it actually going forward.

Of course a new management team and the removal of under-performing out-of-contract players is good news but this was always inevitable. I think what fans are expecting is progress on other fronts - not words - actual tangible actions that show the club is capable of returning to the top league quickly and effectively.

In that sense, Weir's words about the scouting system are disappointing and the lack of investment (or at least the detailed explanation of when/how it will arrive) is equally frustrating. In saying that King did say he wanted the fans to play their part and now it seems around 30,000 have already renewed then it would be good to see him deliver on his promises - even if only to outline his intentions and/or a time-line.

Similarly, with only three first team players signed, fans are equally worried about the squad's quality so I think criticism of the delay in improving that is understandable. However, I do believe better players won't come available until closer to the end of August so Warburton may feel we'd be better waiting until, for example, the English teams declare their squads before seeing what's available in the key positions.

All in all patience is required and generally I'm still reasonably positive. However, I think criticism is also to be expected and the regime shouldn't expect a free ride - not when once again fans are answering the call in their tens of thousands.

RANGERS manager Mark Warburton has admitted he has been highly impressed with the level of sales of season-tickets so far ahead of the new campaign.

At the end of the renewal period, more than 22,500 briefs had been snapped up and that number will continue to grow after the public sale began yesterday, with fans turning out in force at the Rangers Ticket Centre.

And while Warburton is delighted with the backing so far, he is urging his players to remain mentally strong in front of what should be such a vast support.

In an interview with RangersTV.tv, he said: “To see backing of that level is magnificent and the players and staff are well aware of it. You have to relish that weight of expectation and that type of challenge and not wilt under it.

“The players are well aware of the support and the backing we can expect at Ibrox, and our job is to deliver the type of football and the type of performances which merit such a strong support.

“It’s easy to ask the fans for patience, but I understand that they are the paying public and they want to come and support their team and see the team play well.

“I hope very much they can see differences and what we’re trying to do and trying to achieve with a younger team. Our way will be to have young, hungry players who are well monitored by the senior players in the squad, although they’ll be smaller in number.

“I hope the fans can be patient with us if we can, but our job is to go out there as quickly as possible with a plan and make it very evident.”

Supporters will get their first chance to see Warburton’s new-look team in action against Burnley at Ibrox on July 21, and the manager is very much relishing the prospect of coming up against old friend Sean Dyche.

“It will be a tough test,” he continued. “I’m looking forward to playing at Ibrox obviously, but there are another tough two weeks of training for us before then.

“We’re starting to get the structure and intensity levels to our play, and the fitness levels are starting to come, so hopefully in two weeks’ time we will be a lot nearer where we need to be.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9586-manger-impressed-with-fans-backing

Edited by chilledbear

DK said he wanted to see 45K season ticket holders as just getting the club to next season is going to cost someone millions, bear in mind the club don't break even.

This situation is exacerbated by the Retail Contract whereby , effectively , one quarter of the club's potential income is leeching away.

When you see the start position for this Board i.e. the club effectively broken they have IMO got THE most important part right - the Management, where all the guy talks about is Value and Development - this will take time.

I didn't mention anything about what the previous incumbents did or did not do, so to try and put words in my mouth is not on. I was merely making the point that there is no consistency in the reaction to their inaction because people have once again chosen a 'side'.

You directly mentioned the previous incumbents in a comparative manner when you said "if the previous incumbents had similarly failed to tackle the numerous problems that exist, with stories changing from one interview to the next, they would have been rightly slaughtered for it", so I didn't put words in your mouth at all. Let's not get bogged down in semantics though because it was perfectly clear what you meant.

I'll try to be clearer here to save any possibility of confusion. It's ridiculous that you talk about the previous incumbents in that way when what they actually did was CREATE numerous problems and not tackle the ones which existed, whereas the new board are actively trying to tackle the problems created by those very same previous incumbents.

As for people chosing a 'side', it's high bloody time they did. Most of us aren't blind or daft, but plenty of people fell for Charles Green's bullshit and lies while he and his cronies were planning their blue pound pension funds and setting up contracts that are the worst commercial contracts our Club could have gotten, even under the circumstances. So is it a bad thing for folk to side with guys like Dave King & Dougie Park & co when it's almost a certainty that for once we have people in charge who actually care about the Club and will put the Club's interests before their own? I know where my loyalty is and I'm perfectly comfortable chosing a side when I know it's the right side.

What are all these positives that have happened? Christ, Graham Wallace was ridiculed for taking that amount of time to come up with a plan. For all it was, at least it was something.

Wallace was ridiculed because he took over 4 months to come up with a business review which was practically a waste of time because the majority of it's content could have been written by any of us free of charge and we don't need to be told what we already know as if we're a bunch of simpletons. The hard work behind the scenes shouldn't be based on shitty reviews and piles of moonbeams, so the 'where's yur plan Dave' and 'where's yur money Dave' brigade need to wake up and give us all peace. There's a massive amount of work to be done, we all know that and the guys in the boardroom know it more than anyone. The Club's ownership and management structure has changed for the better and most supporters are willing to trust that the new board will do it's best to do what needs to be done in the best interests of the Club.