Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Reading & Sheff Wed in for Waghorn

Reading and Sheffield Wednesday are eyeing moves for in-form Rangers forward Martyn Waghorn, sources have told TEAMtalk.com.

Waghorn became Britain’s leading goalscorer in all competitions last weekend with his hat-trick in the Scottish Cup win over Cowdenbeath taking him to 25 goals.

The 25-year-old has been a revelation for Rangers since joining the club last summer from Wigan Athletic and the striker’s form is spearheading Rangers’ bid to win promotion back to the Scottish Premiership.

Waghorn’s red-hot form in front of goal has not gone unnoticed south of the border with a number of Championship clubs keeping a watching brief on the former Sunderland and Leicester City man.

Reading and Sheffield Wednesday are both in the market for striking reinforcements this January and Waghorn is thought to figure highly on their wanted lists.

Reading need to find a replacement for Nick Blackman following his departure to Derby, while Sheffield Wednesday are also still in the hunt for a new forward after losing out to Derby for Blackman.

It is unlikely that Rangers will consider selling Waghorn this month, but the club are bracing themselves for interest in the player in the wake of his goalscoring exploits.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/reading...itman-waghorn?

From FF

'Talking about TD having said to Brentford he wants to come to Rangers'

Originally Posted by scottyboy_1

"he's already done that, as I said talks are ongoing and I'm confident we will get him! 3 bids wer made and the 3rd met the "original valuation" Middlesbrough made ano approach and the brentford valuation went up! diagouraga's advisors weren't happy made feelings known, he was left out the squad for the weekend and we are still at the table haggling"

Edit / further update from same poster

"just passing on Info from the person behind the article stating we got our man!! Friday lunchtime he was due to travel north, Friday late afternoon brentford wanted 800k upfront and another 200k add ons! but the board have backed warburton and if he wants o'halloran and diagouraga (which I'm led to believe he does) then I think the board will get this over the line, the fact we are happy to leave crooks and windass till the summer alludes to this also! I believe these 2 lads are priority"

Poster has track record for inside info

Edited by buster.