The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

It's not just you loads of people say I'd take him on a pay as you play deals yet no player ever signs one. Urban legends

Why would they? Unless they're working for Ashley. Zero hours contract.

MARK WARBURTON is on the verge of completing his tenth summer signing as Rangers look to conclude a deal to bring striker Joe Garner to Ibrox.

The Gers boss has been in the market for a defender and a forward for several weeks to add the finishing touches to his squad for a shot at the Premiership title this term.

And SportTimes understands that Garner is now on the verge of putting pen-to-paper on a three-year deal with the Light Blues.

Rangers agreed a fee of around £1.5million with Preston and held talks with Garner on Monday and the move is close to being finalised, but Garner is not expected in Glasgow on Tuesday.

It is understood the striker will sign a three-year deal with Warburton’s side and that will leave the Englishman searching for just one further recruit before the end of the transfer window.

Former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos arrived at Auchenhowie on Monday morning to begin a trial period with the Gers and he will spend the next few days in Glasgow as he looks to win a deal at Ibrox.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14684054.Mark_Warburton_set_to_clinch_tenth_summer_deal_as_Preston_striker_Joe_Garner_edges_closer_to___1_5million_Rangers_switch/

Do you even read your own posts dB ?

No. It is far more fun to read it again after a while and see what filtered from the brain to the fingertips in the past.

IN post #1831 you posted, and I quote, "Kranjcar aside, he's the first real "top notch" player we may have signed in a wee while

That is exactly where you said that.

Exactly. And you countered:

I find it disappointing that in order to justify your stance that Senderos would be our 1st top notch signing for a while after Niko, you are downplaying the achievements that Barton has had in the game.

I said nothing to downgrade Barton's achievements apart from mentioning that he was not as much about internationally (and while he was indeed an EPL player, it was not at the clubs like Senderos). As I said before, I might have been more specific and should probably have not used "top notch" but rather "internationally recognizable". Sometimes this place is more irate than a hornet's nest ...

Quite exited about the player Joe Garner, we desperately need an out-and-out striker and he seems to tick all the boxes.

Not for one minute am I saying he's a Messi or even a Vardy but he's just what we need to have any chance of winning the league - it's a Gary Hooper type of signing - he'll score for fun in Scotland, probably more than Griffiths even.

Quite exited about the player Joe Garner, we desperately need an out-and-out striker and he seems to tick all the boxes.

Not for one minute am I saying he's a Messi or even a Vardy but he's just what we need to have any chance of winning the league - it's a Gary Hooper type of signing - he'll score for fun in Scotland, probably more than Griffiths even.

The Preston fans seem to think that all you need to do is feed him and he will put the ball in the net on a regular basis with both feet and head. Apparently last season they played a park the bus startegy while he was stuck up front alone with little coming to him but long balls out of their defence while he had to run with his back to the ball at a full defence.

That doesn't work for a player like him apparently. He's a McCoist style poacher who needs to be supported and fed by midfielders and wingers and that wasn't happening for him at PNE last season. Since with us he will have massive support coming from all directions I can envisage him scoring a barrowload.

Apparently also a bit like Barton in that he likes to noise up the opposition and rub their faces in it when he scores. That's also fine by me.

Preston accept Rangers' £1.5m bid for Joe Garner after striker pushes for move

RANGERS have had a £1.5million bid for Joe Garner accepted – after he told Preston he wanted to move to Ibrox.

Preston-Joe-Garner-Rangers-700368.jpg

The English Championship outfit have given their striker permission to open talks with Mark Warburton and he is due in Glasgow over the next 24 hours.

The Lilywhites were keen to keep the 28-year-old, below, and were ready to offer him a new deal, but he made it clear he wanted to work with his former Watford boss Warburton again.

The deal will see Rangers pay £750,000 up front and the same again next year, with further add-ons also factored in.

Preston boss Simon Grayson said: “It can be unfair if you decline an offer and a player wants to go.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/700368/Rangers-Joe-Garner-Preston-SPL-Sport-News-Mark-Warburton-Philippe-Senderos