Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

I was unsure of Barton when his signing was first hinted at. My line of thinking was that his temperament would be tested to the limit by the atmosphere we perpetually have to put with. But after this weekend I'm starting to think, maybe Rangers is a club Barton will feel an affinity for. We're constantly demonized, vilified; every controversy that we're involved with is assumed to be, or revised to be, our fault; any misfortune which befalls us is painted as "natural justice", even though any other club would receive sympathy. Maybe Joey's better equipped to deal with being a Rangers player than anybody right now, just because of all the shit he's had to deal with in his career so far.

Ok - I have to admit my work has suffered today....

It should not. As long as someone sit there at Auchenhowie or Ibrox with a pen in hand, I don't get excited.

I do have to admit that Joey Barton has totally evaded my radar before his name came up. Any off-field antics passed me by too, as I hardly care for any such gossip ... as long as it is not one of our players or some drunken Scott Brown pic. So as with Rossiter, it will be a wait and see excercise.

His last tweet said his decision had been made and contained a Penny Arcade lyric... but it's cryptic.

Not sure if I was that bothered about him, but now we've made an offer, I'd hate to miss out on a genuine target.