Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

No pen to paper yet. He will be here within 48 hours for a medical. Not a done deal in my mind until he does sign the dotted line. He will be courted by other suitors over the next 48 hours.

I agree. Though I do get the impression with Barton that once he decides on something he isn't easily swayed away.

If he doesn't sign it has been the biggest con since operation Tango

My cynical self whispered something this afternoon, saying that he might be looking for a better deal from Burnley and thus gives us some good feedback. Naughty cynical self of mine!

Tough decision but it's now made. Onwards and upwards from here.

#Rollupandspendyourlastdime

Probably posted already, but if that isnt an indication i don't know what is :)

having played nearly all burnleys games, id be surprised at him not passing any medicals

Probably posted already, but if that isnt an indication i don't know what is :)

having played nearly all burnleys games, id be surprised at him not passing any medicals

SAF used to say before signing a player to check his 'attendance record' & Barton seems fine in that respect

Originally Posted by jellybeans View Post

Will get absolutely slated for this but I've heard from a reliable source he will be a Rangers player.

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 22s22 seconds ago

Joey Barton will sign for Rangers. He has a verbal agreement with Rangers. 2 year deal. Some signing.

Midfielder Joey Barton verbally agrees two-year deal with Rangers

Raman Bhardwaj Raman Bhardwaj

The 33-year-old will join Mark Warburton's side in the next 48 hours.

440074-joey-barton-rangers.jpg

Joey Barton has verbally agreed a two-year deal which will see the former Manchester City and England midfielder join Rangers.

The 33-year-old will put pen to paper on a contract with the Ibrox club in the next 48 hours, joining as a free agent from English Championship side Burnley.

Barton will join up with Rangers head of recruitment Frank McParland, who signed the midfielder whilst sporting director at Burnley.

The former Newcastle United and Queens Park Rangers man was in Glasgow earlier this month, visiting Murray Park and Ibrox ahead of the switch, with Mark Warburton looking to strengthen his squad before next season's Scottish Premiership campaign.

He strongly hinted at the move on Monday tweeting lyrics from Penny Arcade, a song closely associated with the Rangers support.

Barton will leave Burnley as a free agent despite helping the Turf Moor club secure promotion to the Premier League this season.

The former England international has also played for Newcastle United, Queens Park Rangers and Marseille.

Earlier on Monday, Rangers released Nicky Clark as they started their summer squad reshuffle.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1354153-midfielder-joey-barton-signs-deal-to-join-rangers-as-a-free-agent/

NB: Been on FF quite a few times today, it got slow from 4 pm onwards, but otherwise worked fine.