When actions speak louder than words

Thats the normal default position Frankie for those encroaching onto the pitch.

One is left to presume that the vast nos. of Hibs fans who did that at the cup final will go unpunished - and the prosecutions will concentrate on those whose conduct amounted to more.

Not exactly fair but then again the application of the law rarely is.

Resources will dictate a sliding scale of punishment.

If you or I run onto the pitch on Saturday then we'll rightly be punished. However, when over 10,000 people run on, it's not feasible to identify everyone so only the worst offenders will be pursued. The same goes for what happened at Hampden.

That's unfair but such is life.

Also, it's worth noting the use of 'indefinite' period when the club (and Hibs actually) are speaking about bans.

If common sense is applied then this allows both clubs to offer a range of suitable bans depending on the level of anti-social behaviour.

It's actually a difficult conundrum though. Safety concerns should mean no pitch invasions but they are inevitable and our fans have partaken themselves in the past. Do we ban such invasions entirely? Or do we act sensibly when they do happen as the vats majority are inoffensive?

Normally the latter rule would be applied but because of events at Fir Park and Hampden, then it becomes difficult to be pragmatic in Scotland. Similarly, when we complain loudly (and correctly) about hooliganism then we can't ask for leniency IF our own are found guilty of same.

'Pragmatic Scottish Law' will jail you longer for singing a song deemed 'naughty' than it will for attacking one of our players.

If there are decisions to come from the commission you can be sure they will be made with the minimum amount of common sense possible and the maximum discriminatory use of rules & regulations against the football supporter,......... with one football club in particular focus.

'Pragmatic Scottish Law' will jail you longer for singing a song deemed 'naughty' than it will for attacking one of our players.

If there are decisions to come from the commission you can be sure they will be made with the minimum amount of common sense possible and the maximum discriminatory use of rules & regulations against the football supporter,......... with one football club in particular focus.

I don't disagree and it may be Rangers will then also suffer from a backlash from fans.

It's going to be an interesting few days. There's been so much progress at the club and I hope this issue doesn't spoil it.

Punishment is due but should be after result of court proceedings.What alarms me is the alleged non refundment of season ticket money as the crime referred to took place last season so it seems ridiculous that money paid in advance for this season can be held.

I believe that transgressing on to the playing field if it is not already should be classed as a crime as the fan area is marked by the perimeter fencing or other means and only to be crossed in emergency.

I don't disagree and it may be Rangers will then also suffer from a backlash from fans.

It's going to be an interesting few days. There's been so much progress at the club and I hope this issue doesn't spoil it.

I think this recent talk from the justice minister looking to take measures if 'strict liability' isn't enforced will have clubs worried and forced into taking strong measures when situations arise and generally strong rhetoric.

I think the initial club statement (in specific parts) was making a rod for it's own back and sounded like Jim Traynor getting a bit carried away and not looking further than 2 days in front of him.

You have to work within reality, it's laws and likely scenarios.

That isn't to say they are correct or fair (they aren't IMO) but if you decide to go down a road you must be able to follow it up and continue going down it.

It also has to be said that parts of our support don't seem to appreciate the real world and want the club to ban half the world, take on all perceived badies and run a successful club at the sametime.