Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

The pinnacle of the refereeing today was when he awarded a rare Rangers free kick inside of our own box. When the goalie kicked it to the defender, the defender touched it inside the box and the ref blew for a retake. It was a free kick, not a goal kick! Pathetic stuff.

The pinnacle of the refereeing today was when he awarded a rare Rangers free kick inside of our own box. When the goalie kicked it to the defender, the defender touched it inside the box and the ref blew for a retake. It was a free kick, not a goal kick! Pathetic stuff.

Rule applies to free kicks to.

I think we miss wee Jason Holt more than we realise. His runs into the box 'under the radar' into scoring positions gave us a different dimension at times last season. I think back to the crucial 4-2 win in the Christmas fixture against Hibs, where we were 1-0 down and passing the ball to death, with no end result, until the wee man took over.

Just about had a heart attack there today. From where I was sitting the Motherwell goal looked a mile offside. The ref was an absolute joke - every time the goalie kicked the ball up to the Rangers half, the Motherwell player was just jumping into the Rangers player with no intention of getting the ball directly and not a single foul was given. I think this is where Rangers need to be a bit more clever and bite back.

Going forward was painful today - no real good runs apart from Forester who was getting some space on the right. Miller tended to drift so far back we were playing without a striker. Barton was the furthest player up the park at one point!

Pleased with the 3 points, but need to be much, much more ruthless if we are to think about winning the league.

Has there been any further comment on the Motherwell goal ? Looked a mile offside from where I sit in the SJ rear

I think we miss wee Jason Holt more than we realise. His runs into the box 'under the radar' into scoring positions gave us a different dimension at times last season. I think back to the crucial 4-2 win in the Christmas fixture against Hibs, where we were 1-0 down and passing the ball to death, with no end result, until the wee man took over.

agree with this but i also think windass would be doing to the same if fit. something just doesn't feel right about the lineup just now. fluidity of last year is still to come, 7 points of out 9 ain't a bad start though.

something just doesn't feel right about the lineup just now. .

Playing Miller in the middle just isn't working and having 3 defensive minded midfielders is also meaning we are not functioing properly. Look how muchbetter we look when tthe midfield is changed.