[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

If you are suggesting we go back to the big, strong bruiser types who can't really play football but are just bigger than everyone else then it's a no thanks from me.

no i prefer the barca style of play we are trying to adopt. But to do that and win you have to ensure you are strong in the right areas.

Don't mix "facts" with "excuses" and do not forget that there are 12 more men on the park too who play or ref the game.

Its not that at all we didn't lose today because of one freakish refereeing decision. Don't forget the guy still had to score from the free kick too. We lost because we didn't score more goals than the other guys.

Last year I found it very difficult to agree with Tru and a few of the other more negative posters because I was prepared to allow at least a seasons leeway for a new system and style of play to bed in plus the fact we were in a lower league. This season I find it difficult to argue against them. I would actually add to his statement and also say we look powder puff in any challenge too.

Its not that at all we didn't lose today because of one freakish refereeing decision. Don't forget the guy still had to score from the free kick too. We lost because we didn't score more goals than the other guys.

Last year I found it very difficult to agree with Tru and a few of the other more negative posters because I was prepared to allow at least a seasons leeway for a new system and style of play to bed in plus the fact we were in a lower league. This season I find it difficult to argue against them. I would actually add to his statement and also say we look powder puff in any challenge too.

we've won one of our last 9 league games away from home over the 2 leagues

that is absolutely atrocious

no i prefer the barca style of play we are trying to adopt. But to do that and win you have to ensure you are strong in the right areas.

Then I agree. The style of football we are playing is good for me. We need what we still needed in the summer. 2 stronger CB's and a clinical finisher. That's MW's failing for me.

I really wish we had tried to nab Dembele from under Celtic's noses. That said, I'm still hopeful of Dodoo. Garner needs time before judgement.

I think our front 3 are playing too far apart from each other.

The facts are DB that until we start winning games, we are not progressing. Unless of course we would rather play lovely football, have a weak spine in the team and are happy dropping points every week. That's not progression. We keep getting caught, silly mistakes or just not good enough?? There is no venom in the team, no penetration, we have been saying it for long enough.

On another note, I am still totally unconvinced with Garner??

We had that same debate last week, when we played Ross County off the park and did not score. Today, much like in the Yahoo game, we handed the opposition a goal on the plate, an opposition that did not put us into much bother. And they were handed another gift by the ref. They took both.

Now, it is always good to sit here and debate that we are not progressing, but you've got your personnel and have to use it. We are sure agree in unison that today's line-up was one of the strongest we could throw at them. Only results-wise were Aberdeen better than the Doonhamers (IMHO). We have chopped and changed the line up somewhat, can address some stuff in the game like bringing Kranjcar on, but in the end of the day, you have capable players who need to take their chances or, indeed, need to be brave. How farther can they progress than what they have shown us? They dominate games, they rattle up chances and ultimately, just now, fail to do what we did last season. Scoring more goals than the opposition. We are still in the learning process of breaking these brickwallers (which changing personnell) up, and thus far, we are not successful. Or, at times unlucky.

BTW, I would say that the CHs looked decent today. Not 100% solid, but I don't expect that anyway. McKay, bar a couple of moments, was below his own standard, and Tav rather subdued throughout, not to mention his blackout.

Edited by der Berliner

believe me mate i would much rather be saying its just around the corner and we have what it takes. I hate losing it goes against every fibre in my body but a rose is a rose as they say and all we can all do is call it as we see it.

Every game like everyone else i hope today is the day and I get all excited and expectant before kickoff. Even at halftime today i was just praying the front three could find some composure and take the chances.I suppose that's the addiction and love for Rangers that we all have.