Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

How would the club finance FB for new signings?, I don't believe the board are looking to replace MW!, it would be a terrible move at this time!, would also put us back in terms of building a team/squad to challenge for the title!, I'm calling BS on this, the Record continue to spout lies about all things Rangers.

On thing we need to remember we have a boardroom full of fans - there is bound to be one or two there who feel MW is not good enough (like many loud mouths in the stands).

I fully back Warburton but I can see why others would not.

I don't do twitter either but I do know that @tedermeatballs is Jackson.

I took "tedermeatballs" to be a typo, initially, but some very quick research led me to

-the Estonian "teder", which means black grouse, or black cock; and to

-the Estonian writer Tarmo Teder, notable, among other works, for his 2006 novel "Onanistid", ("The Onanists", in English).

Coincidence? I think not.

Therefore, I am revising my view, and now take his "handle" to mean The Balls of the Black Cocked Masturbator, which seems appropriate.

Don't tell me that he lost them when somebody sneezed.

What's FdB going to do with Warburton's budget? Probably wouldn't know where to start.

I'll call bullshit on the speculation too mate. Unless tens of millions were going to be made available it just isn't going to happen. Christ almighty, we've been scrabbling around looking for the money for a goalie at a price we could have gathered in a bedsheet by 2 guys running around Ibrox at half time.

Come on guys all I am reading here is "doom & gloom" things that are going to happen will and if not it is not meant to be so let us wait till midnight has passed, tomorrow, and then pick over what has or has not transpired.

Come on guys all I am reading here is "doom & gloom" things that are going to happen will and if not it is not meant to be so let us wait till midnight has passed, tomorrow, and then pick over what has or has not transpired.

I'm not at all doomsy. This was always going to take a bit of patience.

It's just common sense to think the Board will be questioning the future of MW. So far he has not produced enough for the expenditure. A hell of a lot rests on him this season, pretty much our whole business plan.

As for the signing of the keeper, seems mental, just tell the under contract player it's tough. Have only seen the YouTube videos of the keeper but the amount of mistakes he makes in his own highlight reel leaves me thinking it's another very poor signing and decision. Why let Gilks go for free? How does that benefit the club? He hasn't acted out as far as we are aware and comes across as a professional

i'd be more surprised if there wasn't Boardroom tension

the season's been an expensive shambles from the get go

i'd put money on there being a split of opinion over barton

I'll call bullshit on the speculation too mate. Unless tens of millions were going to be made available it just isn't going to happen. Christ almighty, we've been scrabbling around looking for the money for a goalie at a price we could have gathered in a bedsheet by 2 guys running around Ibrox at half time.

Lol that made me chuckle Boabie!

You have to remember these are all rumours until they are signed!, you keep poking away at the manager!, your last poke was suggesting he lied about Hodson being injured so he could justify playing Tav!!!, I don't think I am alone in thinking MW & DW are doing a good job so far and we are heading in the right direction?.

Why not concentrate in getting behind them as they build a squad capable of challenging for the title?, most fans can see we are progressing!.

Also you have no idea what is happening behind the scenes!, none of us do!, no point in writing any signing off until they sign and then after a good run of games!.

Maybe hes a prospect

It's a weird one. £250K is quite a big sum for us these days too...

Its all relative. Gilks obviously wants games at his stage of career, and perhaps Alnwick is a replacement for big Wes. Given Fod's form and progression, it would be no surprise to see a big club down south offer some serious money. There simply aren't that many GK's that are as consistently good with the gloves and his feet...

Well he's signed now and IMHO it's a complete waste of money UNLESS he is at least as good and we are going to be able to SELL WF or MG for more money than we are paying for JA.

I don't believe we need or can afford two first choice goalkeepers in our current situation. We could have recalled Kelly as cover if and when Gilks goes and would still have no difficulty finishing at least third and qualifying for the Europa League.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I honestly cannot see the FDB possibility ever coming to fruition, but it should be remembered that Ajax are not exactly rolling in cash these days. When we started the journey, Ajax were mentioned as a club that we should be attempting to emulate i.e. worldwide and local scouting and sourcing of young talent, develop those players and sell at a substantial profit. Repeat ad infinitum. I have no doubt that he would have a vast knowledge of young talented Dutch men who would have very little difficulty in adapting to the Scottish way of life in the same way that MW has scoured the lower English leagues for potential. In my eyes, most of the young English signings have done a job and it really is only in respect of the big names (Barton) and amount of transfer fees spent on MoH and Garner, that he has been found wanting. If I was the board, those are the questions that I would want answering before dishing out more hard earned income.

People complain about a lack of planning and money, yet when we sign another 'keeper for a relatively small fee (even by our modern standards) ahead of the likely event of an impressive Foderingham being sold it's a waste of money.

Now, I don't know anything about Alnwick but he seems to have a decent reputation. The same was the case with Wes who I reckon could command a fee of well beyond £3m. That's good business and the quicker some bears get used to this kind of player turnover happening, the better.

Doesn't matter who the board or manager is, for a Scottish club to be viable, it means we have to sign and sell players.