Management Resigned ?

The Board should immediately have got a spokesman on to the media to confirm/deny all the speculation IMO.

Rangers released a statement on the clubs site Mac. It explained everything to me. Including who will be in charge v Morton.

If we'd held a press conference from 9pm tonight until tomorrow afternoon with every member of the board there to answer every question the usual suspects in the media would still be speculating.

Feck them !

Yes read it but it seemed a bit long winded for the normal type of statement issued at such times which sort of gave the impression the site could have been hacked,as you see from the posts on here a lot of confusion reigned.

It looks now though the whole thing is done and dusted regarding the departure but I feel that there could be even more legal stuff coming.

What I say now is roll on the next chapter.

Can only thank the team for getting us back in Premier League,but was dissapointed in there tunnel vision in tactics since then.

'Sensation' and 'Unbelievable' are very used terms for football commentators here in the UK during matches and by the MSM after they are played.

When it comes to Rangers over these past effin years the terms are used mostly about what's going on OFF the park!

It's been one thing and one thing only since 2011 and it's still going on ffs!...I yearn for more of the joy experienced last April when we seemed to have broken through a difficult barrier.

Warbs should take his magic hat back and demand a refund...what can I say about SDoW? He has really let the troops down.:(

'

Warbs should take his magic hat back and demand a refund...what can I say about SDoW? He has really let the troops down.:(

MW has never had Rangers at heart, it was a stepping stone for him personally but I thought he would have honored his contract. However we dont know whats going on with him and the board. But its obvious he wanted back down south anyway. Forest are a potential sleeping giant.

As for Weir - something has went on behind the scenes there also.

Edited by Gribz

Derek Johnstones comments seem to follow what else has been said:

Former Rangers striker Derek Johnstone said: "I believe the agent spoke with Rangers at the start of the week and asked if they could be released from their contracts.

"I think Rangers were astounded by that but eventually agreed and said yes. As far as I'm concerned, if you come out and say that to the Rangers board, it means you don't to be there.

"The club were quite within their rights to say: 'Fine, if you don't want to be here you're released.'

"It was a resignation from the manager and David Weir but I think something else has happened because the agent felt he probably had another club for them.

"Whether that's fallen through or not - and then Mark has changed his mind - we don't know at this stage."

And Neil McCann:

"It's a mess and it's so unclear so we need to find out what's true and what's not.

"It's important we get some clarity on what decision has been made and by who. One way or another, it has to come out.

"Clearly, we have to make this situation better than what we're seeing just now. Rangers are a massive club and we need them back at the top of our game to create competition.

"It's clear that results haven't been good enough and to be sitting 27 points behind Celtic is by no means good enough.

"Fans tend to make these types of decisions easier for boards. They start to get disgruntled and air their views.

Why do fans get so upset at the board? MW, DW & FMc see new opportunities for themselves. I think the article by Roddy Forsyth is very near or is spot on the truth.

It's not a shambles by the board, the management team see better money elsewhere or at least thought they did. I can see fans being upset with DW, but he's after the £ same as others before him e.g. Barry Ferguson. Rangers legends my arse.

Why do fans get so upset at the board? MW, DW & FMc see new opportunities for themselves. I think the article by Roddy Forsyth is very near or is spot on the truth.

It's not a shambles by the board, the management team see better money elsewhere or at least thought they did. I can see fans being upset with DW, but he's after the £ same as others before him e.g. Barry Ferguson. Rangers legends my arse.

Agreed with hindsight Weir came to the club at 37 after plying his days for Everton. It was the club who extended his career as much as he played well.

The only thing baffling me still is why would the club waive compensation if they are resigning. No pay off should be part of them decided to go.

I've just got in from a night out. Spent the last half hour reading this thread to catch up (after a couple of texts about tonights events).

I'm really disappointed that Warburton and Weir resigned. Totally goes against everything Warburton said about understanding the demands here and enjoying that pressure. That's the supposed mantra he drummed into his signings. What kind of message does him f*cking off send to the boys he has signed?

On the other hand, none of us have been happy with performances of late so perhaps it's not the worst news. Some of the comments in this thread make you want to hang yourself. In my opinion this announcement will make for a vocal and defiant (maybe positive?) atmosphere on Sunday. I for one am looking forward to it.

No one is bigger than the club. If they want to leave then we thank then for their efforts last season but frankly if you're not up for the fight then you are not a Ranger.