Management Resigned ?

I woke up at 5am and an trying to get my head around this. It's difficult. The last thing I watched was MW's press conference. It seems to have borne no relation to reality (whichever version is true). What a pointless charade those things are.

What a disaster this has become - and how unforseeable from this time last season.

Edited by SteveC

Just getting my head round all this. All in all I'm gutted tbh. I thought getting MW in was one of the most progessive things we had done in about 10 years and I'm just sad that it didn't work out. Sadly, I can see us now returning to the myopic days of old and to see some people even mentioning McLeish is frightening. I'd rather take a punt on a guy like Tommy Wright than go anywhere near big Eck. What about Alec Neil? Or Gary Rowett? Anyone but Eck.

Reading what's been written over the boards about Warbs and his loyalty to our club, i think the board followed the correct procedure here. If Warbs, weir and McPharland handed in their resignation, the board were right to accept it. Warbs and the other two wanted away, thought they had the Nottingham Forest job but didn't, changed their minds, till the next opportunity to move arrived. No thank you, on your way guys, thanks for the few memories.

Woke up to find it all not a dream:) and to see the same hatred being spilled regards Murtrie.

Cone on guys why nothing aimed at him when he was running t/20's if he or someone similar were to lead us to success we would be overjoyed would we not.

The hatred of some on here does not do the forum any good,yes I hate the manky mob and especially Liewell but that IMHO is not the same as some on here regards Murtrie.

Woke up to find it all not a dream:) and to see the same hatred being spilled regards Murtrie.

Cone on guys why nothing aimed at him when he was running t/20's if he or someone similar were to lead us to success we would be overjoyed would we not.

The hatred of some on here does not do the forum any good,yes I hate the manky mob and especially Liewell but that IMHO is not the same as some on here regards Murtrie.

I agree that is terrible and makes me quite ashamed really.

It would have certainly helped had our chairman not have made it clear he didn't fancy MW , this has been going on since last year , anyone who thinks MW suddenly decided he didn't fancy us and wanted out is kidding themselves on .DK reportedly had a meeting with the De boer brother plus Arthur numan a while ago, he's been plotting this for months.

MW has to take a share of the blame , I'm just gutted that egos in our boardroom are interfering in our progress.

As I said yesterday some of the names that have been getting quoted are horrendous imho , only time will tell .

Serious money is going to have to be found, it will be interesting who puts it in .

For the record, and this isn't directed at anyone in particular. Go to anywhere in the world, to any football team who has a main rival. A longstanding bitter rivalry. I can guarantee you none of the clubs supporters would welcome or at least want a supporter of their rivals as manager.

In fact there would be positive meltdown at some if there was. So no, it's not hatred nor is it shameful to have a severe boke like aversion to a supporter of your biggest rivals as manager. Let's all live in the real world with real expectations of ourselves. We are all human not robots.

If they guys is in charge on Sunday nobody is going to boo him ffs.

Edited by cooponthewing

Mack/Pete

.... I typed all this slowly on my mobile and by the time I posted it, the reply above had come in....

Just to note - I never said I hated him, I said it would be difficult to support him 100%. Just as Sunderland fans found it difficult to support a Geordie manager 100%, for one of many similar examples. As for not saying anything when he was U20s coach = 2 points 1) I didn't know his background and 2) It isn't the same thing.

I don't see why not wanting a fan of your main current and historic rivals as manager is something to be ashamed of as it just seems natural to me. Fans of clubs with much lower level rivalry feel the same. If I was at the game and saw him, I'd still applaud and wish him well, but “100%“ is asking a lot straight away I'd have thought. Even if you disagree, why would you "feel ashamed."

And his name is Murty, not Murtie, MacK - show him some respect ffs ;)

Edited by SteveC