Management Resigned ?

Erm wasnt this the question the agent asked the board?

The board wanted rid off MW,DW & F McP. I think that is fairly obvious. But it would have cost a fair bit in compensation to do so.

So when their so-called agent turned up & asked to activate the release clauses in their contracts the Rangers board couldn't believe their luck.

DavidEdgar

21st Century Blue

29-07-2006

Podland

A few points

The story has now emerged clearly in several media outlets so I won't go over it again, but to clear up:

The agent intimated to the board both verbally and by email that they would like to be released from their contracts;

This would give the board a justifiable reason to conclude they could not continue in the job and the board are extremely confident a tribunal would agree;

Forest will deny any involvement as it would be admitting to tapping up a manager (even though, in this instance, the board would have turned a blind eye);

The money was there for a pay-off and would have been around £1.15m in total - it would have been thrashed out next week;

Expect to see a shitload of stuff leaked however in an attempt to get the board to pay something in exchange for a non-disclosure agreement.

The board were not impressed by either the football or recruitment. King had made this clear to MW who fully backed McParland. Regardless of results, that would always have been a situation that was not going to be resolved as DK simply didn't trust McP with cash.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1kvJpnNbOkDKE

Edited by ian1964

Good shout...but he'd be first on the teamsheet Rab??? :razz:

Maybe.

But at least his heart is in the right place. FWIW I think Miller would be a good Rangers coach. I just think his best playing days are well behind him now.

Any new Rangers could do a lot worse than Miller as his assistant

Edited by RANGERRAB

Erm wasnt this the question the agent asked the board?

I'm not an expert in all these 'dealings' but...

Is the case not that Rangers FC would have received compensation from NF if the deal had gone through hence the delay in the announcement? Rangers don't get compensation as NF went elsewhere...Warburton is now without a pay-off and on the dole and is denying everything.

Maybe.

But at least his heart is in the right place. FWIW I think Miller would be a good Rangers coach. I just think his best playing days are well behind him now.

It's difficult for me to agree that Miller is past his best, sure he's 37 and should be looking at his next 'job' for me he's our best player by far, better than McKay although that could be an unfair comparison due to McKay just starting out in the game. As for a job in management, I'm pretty sure he's looking to further himself in the game after he retires - is he ready to become assistant to the next manager at Rangers? Possibly, but he'll be thinking he's got more to offer just playing right now.

DavidEdgar

21st Century Blue

29-07-2006

Podland

A few points

The story has now emerged clearly in several media outlets so I won't go over it again, but to clear up:

The agent intimated to the board both verbally and by email that they would like to be released from their contracts;

This would give the board a justifiable reason to conclude they could not continue in the job and the board are extremely confident a tribunal would agree;

Forest will deny any involvement as it would be admitting to tapping up a manager (even though, in this instance, the board would have turned a blind eye);

The money was there for a pay-off and would have been around £1.15m in total - it would have been thrashed out next week;

Expect to see a shitload of stuff leaked however in an attempt to get the board to pay something in exchange for a non-disclosure agreement.

The board were not impressed by either the football or recruitment. King had made this clear to MW who fully backed McParland. Regardless of results, that would always have been a situation that was not going to be resolved as DK simply didn't trust McP with cash.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1kvJpnNbOkDKE

He may get a settlement subject to a confidentiality agreement.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?83361-MW-on-Talksport-soon/page2 #14

Great minds think alike :D

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Maybe.

Sorry Rab, but Miller being a contender among a shower of under-achievers with a horrendous return of goals per appearance, to say absolutely nothing about his total lack of experience as a coach, assistant coach, youth coach, or anything else, is not where I see Rangers future.

Kenny, you were paid very well for what you did while with us - your heart is in Edinburgh. I may bump into you one day through there on a visit.

I wish you well but don't want you anywhere near Ibrox mate.

It will be strange on Sunday but we who will be there have to support the team and person/s in charge wholeheartedly,it is not a day for anything else.

Supporting the son of "an ardent bhoys' fan" who speaks of how strongly they appeal to him won't come easily

Edited by SteveC