The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

all contracts that had not been voided where met in full. In the case of SN etc that said we were dead I'm not 100% tbh if they demanded the money or wrote it off.

So basically we don't know if they were all paid in full or not.

spoke to people at the club yesterday to ask a question a member on here had posted. During that conversation Was told the manager has passed his findings to the board and the player list is predominately made of Portuguese and Mexican players.

Could be difficult to get work permits for the Mexicans.

Who by? Who paid the players who had deferred their salaries?

I understood that salaries were deferred on the understanding that the club would be taken out of administration, remain in the top flight and carry on as if nothing had happened. At the time we went into administration most people assumed we'd come out of it in a few months. When that didn't happen no one got paid. Are you saying the players were paid their salary in full whilst we were in Administration?

don't know every detail mate only know that all contractual obligations where met on the player side.

Tbh have not heard of any staff who was not paid or lost wages ( that's not to say it didn't happen just that nobody I have spoke to our know at the club ever mentioned losing wages etc) the club even paid out the usual staff bonus and presents at xmas as if administration hadn't happened.

Edited by trublusince1982

all contracts that had not been voided where met in full. In the case of SN etc that said we were dead I'm not 100% tbh if they demanded the money or wrote it off.

The information I had was the players were firstly asked if they would wait for their pay while things were sorted out, then asked to accept less money and then told it could be 2 months before even their pay cuts would be paid. There was no question but that anybody with value would be sold at the first opportunity to allow funding to pay whoever was left and keep the lights on. All of this at the same time as they were being told second-hand by Green that they belonged to him and would be dragged through the courts if they refused to TUPE. That is why initially the football players union got involved. The players who left had not signed up with Green so did not get paid anything from the second he took control of the club.

I don't know about anybody else here, but I wouldn't have accepted that.

I am being objective , we paid this little scum bag for the best part of two years whilst he was injured , I know from guys at the club at the time he promised to stay until his agent wafted a £2 million signing on fee , all of a sudden he new nothing about anything , he lied at that press conference and he let down guys like me who absolutely idolised him , I don't care if he's fucking messi I don't want sum bags like him near our club

Calling him a scumbag immediately brings into your supposition that you are being objective. You are refusing to see through your dislike of how he left the club with the player that he is.

I don't mind you not being objective - but don't actually try to suggest you are when you clearly aren't.

He would be better, by far, than any attacking player we have.

Again, you show your lack of objectivity above by not even talking about his playing potential and concentrate ALL of your ire on how he fleeced the club, or however you wish to put it. That isn't being objective about the player at all.

don't know every detail mate only know that all contractual obligations where met on the player side.

Tbh have not heard of any staff who was not paid or lost wages ( that's not to say it didn't happen just that nobody I have spoke to our know at the club ever mentioned losing wages etc) the club even paid out the usual staff bonus and presents at xmas as if administration hadn't happened.

I understand the players took a salary deferment on the agreement that no non-playing staff would then be made redundant. They were told that if cuts in outgoings (ie salaries) were made the club would be able to leave Admin and then salaries would go back to their previous levels. There was an agreement with Whyte that the players would receive the deferred salary back when the club left Administration.

In the event the club didn't leave Admin (at least not the way everyone hoped it would) and, I understand, the players never received the salary they agreed to defer. I was told that by the agent of one of the players, but he could be lying I suppose. There was a degree of bitterness towards Whyte and the Admin team as some of the players felt they'd been misled. There was a huge degree of suspicion towards Green and having felt they'd been shafted by Whyte and Duff & Phelps they weren't in the mood to be shafted again.

Any Christmas bonuses paid were either before the Admin event, when the good ship Whyte was sailing on as if nothing untoward was happening, or after we failed to emerge from Admin and we were in Div 3 and controlled by Green. Duff & Phelps didn't pay anyone any bonuses, well, maybe themselves!

Calling him a scumbag immediately brings into your supposition that you are being objective. You are refusing to see through your dislike of how he left the club with the player that he is.

I don't mind you not being objective - but don't actually try to suggest you are when you clearly aren't.

He would be better, by far, than any attacking player we have.

Again, you show your lack of objectivity above by not even talking about his playing potential and concentrate ALL of your ire on how he fleeced the club, or however you wish to put it. That isn't being objective about the player at all.

Fair points well made , but I would argue objectively then after watching some of their games this year that he is nowhere near the player he was when he left 4 years ago .

But I do agree that my immense dislike for him as a person does sway my judgement , the same as it does every other player bar Davis , Bocanegra , Edu etc etc .

Part of the issue historically was that we had to pay more to get people to come to Scotland, as it wasn't as good a league as elsewhere.

Obviously now, even penny is a prisoner and we shouldn't be doing that.

I wish you would tell my wife that.:D