The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

MILLERS WARNING Rotherham United boss Paul Warne rubbishes rumours linking Rangers midfielder Josh Windass with move to New York Stadium

Windass, 23, had been linked with a move to the League One side after falling out of favour under Pedro Caixinha

By Ryan McDonald

24th July 2017, 1:02 pm

Updated: 24th July 2017, 1:39 pm

ROTHERHAM UNITED have ruled out a move for Rangers outcast Josh Windass.

Windass, 23, had been linked with a move to the League One side after falling out of favour under Pedro Caixinha.

But Millers boss Paul Warne has rubbished talk that he could offer the midfielder a way out of Ibrox.

He told BBC Radio Sheffield: “Where do I get linked with players all the time? It’s unbelievable.

“No, there’s no connection there at all. I understand he’s a really good player but so is Messi and I’m not signing him.

“So there’s no connection there at all – unless someone’s signed him behind my back and hasn’t told me.”

Windass – who only joined Gers from Accrington Stanley last summer – is behind new boys Graham Dorrans, Ryan Jack and Carlos Pena in the pecking order.

Fit-again Niko Kranjcar and Jordan Rossiter are also ahead of the Englishman, while Jason Holt is also an option.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT Rangers set to make final bid for Jamie Walker while Kenny McLean remains on Pedro Caixinha's radar

It comes after Windass’ former Accrington teammate Matt Crooks quit Ibrox for Northampton Town last week.

The midfielder claimed he has went on to ‘bigger and better things’ by swapping the Premiership for England’s third tier.

He said: “It didn’t go how I wanted it to go at Rangers, but that’s football sometimes.

“I am just looking forward to the future now, moving past it, and moving on to bigger and better things.

ooks has no regrets leaving Rangers

“Rangers are a big club, but I think at my age you just want to play football.

“When I was at Accrington, obviously the facilities there are nothing like they are at Rangers, but I would probably say I enjoyed it more, because I was playing.

“That’s what you want to do as a footballer, you just want to play. I have been given the opportunity to play here at Northampton, and that’s what I want to do.”

Meanwhile Phil Brown claims Harry Forrester snubbed the chance to join Southend United.

Forrester, 26, was a major transfer target for the Shrimpers at the start of the summer – but was keen to remain at Ibrox and fight for his future.

However, the ex-Doncaster ace has since been banished from Auchenhowie and told he has no future at the club by Pedro Caixinha.

But while admitting he still holds some interest, Blues boss Brown admits a move to Roots Hall is now unlikely.

He said: “Harry poured cold water on it but if we could rekindle it then of course I would still be interested.

“But we’ve spent our money in that area now with Michael Kightly and we need a centre-back and a holding midfielder more than anything else.”

From FF ...

Originally Posted by tamforsyth View Post

ID10 posted in good faith yesterday after a discussion with me . He had information from his own good sources and combined it with what l told him.

Rangers know they could get Naismith without a fee.

At this point they have not offered a contract.

ID10 has info they might.

That's about it.

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1114973-Steven-Naismith-return-seems-inevitable-(371-Viewing)&p=25483448#post25483448

The Naismith one is strange, has he not been free to talk to other clubs for a while? I would have thought there would be some Championship clubs interested in him, so maybe there is truth to the rumour that he wants to come back up to Scotland? Otherwise, I'd have expected he would have signed for someone... Although if its reliant on us freeing up some money from the wage bill, that's a bit of a risk on his part, potentially knocking back other offers on the promise from us that might never appear?

I know someone close to his agent and he seemed in no doubt that Naismith's preference is a return to Scotland. This is apparently for family reasons to do with children's schooling and access to grandparents. How likely Norwich are to agree to this I'm not sure, but they clearly do want to change their squad and free up wages so perhaps Naismith will be released for considerably less than Norwich paid for him. I imagine a move might also be in his agent's interests too...

Do remember, Naismith supposedly is on 50k a week at Norwich. If that is true, they will save some 5m if they free him now just in wages, as his contract there goes till 2019. Given that he has been in England for the best part of 6 or 7 years on similar wages, I do not expect him to need a high wage that badly ... well, unless he threw it about as Mr. B. Ferguson, it seems.