Turning shame into success: Rangers v Celtic

All the challenges our players made today came across as half hearted. There was absolutely no conviction in the tackle. It was as if they didn't believe they could win it. I'm not even talking about the game! Any 50/50 ball you knew the Celtic player was leaving with it.

To me and as someone who played as a defender that's very basic. You either take the ball or you make them work to get past you by which time your teammate should be filling in the gap behind you.

In terms of tactics today, I'm fairly sure that PC felt obligated to go for a win at home; whereas a Walter Smith might have looked at last week and said, all I can do here is flood the midfield and hope for the best.

At half time, I think he said to himself that Dodoo is getting brushed off the ball and if the game goes on like this we're going to get a hiding, so I'll take him off and put on another midfielder, Halliday, albeit too late. But we got gubbed 5-1 anyway because Celtic are far superior in every department and punished all our mistakes.

It's obvious we need a clear out of the dross that MW brought in but there are only 4 players out of contract in the summer, the two loanees, Hill and Senderos; so unless MW would like to sign our team, how exactly do we get them out?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

All the challenges our players made today came across as half hearted. There was absolutely no conviction in the tackle. It was as if they didn't believe they could win it. I'm not even talking about the game! Any 50/50 ball you knew the Celtic player was leaving with it.

To me and as someone who played as a defender that's very basic. You either take the ball or you make them work to get past you by which time your teammate should be filling in the gap behind you.

I don't think you can say that about Hill, his first tackle and block were terrific and I wouldn't blame much on Wilson either. We were poor defensively at FB (as usual) and overrun in MF by a quality team. They may not be all that great when it comes to Europe but they sure as hell are too good for anything else in Scotland right now.

Rumour has it that if Mr Ashley can sell Newcastle United to the Chinese he will make Mr King an offer he can't refuse.

Pity chinease money isn't coming our way? That's the rumour that is good around as you say BH. Possibly before the start of next season?

I feel sick at the thought of Jabba and his gang of bandits getting their greasy hands on us. I hope it's a load of pish.

I actually agree about Hill and Wilson (less so with Wilson) I thought Hill flung himself into everything. But we were exposed time and time again by Sinclair and Roberts. I appreciate Celtic on the whole are better than us but we made easy for them today time and time again.

Pity chinease money isn't coming our way? That's the rumour that is good around as you say BH. Possibly before the start of next season?

I feel sick at the thought of Jabba and his gang of bandits getting their greasy hands on us. I hope it's a load of pish.

Well let's face it, Coop, the chances of DK putting up £30m are about as high as us winning the EL next season; so we need someone with a big stash and we need it pronto.

Personally I don't care if it's the the Emperor of China or Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, anyone with real money to invest is welcome right now.

By the way what happened to Red Bull?

It looks quite deliberate but since the referee saw it and deemed no action required other than a verbal warning; no further action can be taken.

Correction - since the referee saw it, realised that it was Brown and would face hounding from Sellick fans, the media, an appeal against his decision then professionally ostracised and the decision overturned, he decided it was best to pretend it wasn't deliberate.

I wish the yanks would nuke North Korea it would take my mind off of this humiliation we have suffered and there is still four games to go and now all we will get is the lisbon celebrations the dvd of todays game a play in the pavillion commemritive coins, medals and watches its going to be a long horrid summer probably another dvd if they win the treble , never going to hear the end of it