[FT] Motherwell 1 - 2 Rangers (Dorrans 4, 59pen)

Important 3 points and not an easy game to Play. probably the 1:0 came too early, as rangers looked too secure afterwards.

What i am nervous about is the fact that after scoring the goal, Rangers were just Controlling the game and the result, instead of pushing for a 2nd goal and so on.

In the meantime the whole of the league knows where Rangers' weaknesses are, so if you give opponents a chance, they happily will be there to give it a go.

The dominance on the field Needs to be much more, make them feel that Rangers will want to win the game, win the balls, win the fights.

Only with this, opponents will start to have more respect of Rangers. It will take some time, but you have to earn that respect, that is also a winning formula.

Hope, Pedro will find a winning way, i wish him luck, because he really seems a nice person

I agree with Big Jaws. I also thought he was knackered after that first half; he was a little slower tracking back too which helped 'Well get those easy crosses from deep.

It didn't help that Pedro, temporarily, moved him to the right wing to cover Hodson who looked as if he was running through treacle today. I don't think Hodson is anywhere near fit enough, or smart enough, for the work he needs to put in in this team. Both our full backs were also found wanting at their equalizer. Wallace should have closed down the wide man and Hodson should have got his body in front of the big defender that got on the end of the cross. In saying that I still think Wes should have cleared out the lot.

Edited by Big Jaws

It's difficult to judge today's performance. Motherwell had a load of new players, it'll be weeks before we can see if they're a top six side or relegation fodder.

I thought we started well and for the first 20 minutes or so looked pretty decent, attacking at pace and closing down Motherwell. From then on the game was more even and Moult should have equalised, it was an open goal albeit coming at pace and an awkward height. We're weak on the flanks and Motherwell figured that out eventually and started to exploit it. Candeias and Windass need to work harder defensively for me, their five in midfield started to overrun our four.

Cardosa made a very good tackle towards the end when Motherwell broke with men over. Their attacker got a bit of stick for it but I thought Cardosa held him up before sticking a leg in and knocking it out. Windass had a good first half but might as well have stayed inside at half time.

I actually quite liked Herrera on today's showing. He works really hard and had decent movement, we need someone to play alongside him though, Miller hasn't got a full season starting every match in him I don't think. Whereas I thought Morelos looked like he'd won a competition and the prize was to get a game when he came on. He was only on for ten minutes so I'll reserve judgement, but I watched the ball run past him at one point and wondered just what Ryan Hardie has to do to get into the match day squad. Dorrans and Wallace played well, the defence will need a few more games together before any judgement.

I was puzzled by the substitutions, Wilson for Miller at 2-1 was taking a bit of a chance for me and inviting pressure. I'd have stuck on Holt for Miller, it was in midfield we were struggling.

Despite all that we won, away, and on balance we were the better side. I think last season we'd have dropped at least two points in that match. I think Hibs will be a harder test for us, looking forward to it all the same.

Highlights aren't always indicative though Ian.

That said, I was reading on here when the wee fella was training - and some said we could/should have been up 4 or 5-2 at half time. That isn't the sign of a team being dominated.

I will have to wait until I get home next week to watch the whole game, so best I keep my views to myself for now

I only saw the last half hour as the wee man had a training session with Kevin Thomson (excellent coach who we could be doing with at the Academy).

Motherwell never dominated the last 30 minutes that I watched. Sure, they had chances but it wasn't through domination, it was through lumping the ball back to front. We had a fair bit of possession in that last 30 and created some chances of our own.

Sorry Craig that is nonsense. They were crossing the ball in from our 30 yard area because we had nearly all our players in the last third. You might not call that domination but I do. They were denied 1 certain penalty and another one which could have been called as well. Yes we should have been well clear by half-time but we weren't and only that save from Fod at the end saved us 2 points.It is what it is and we got 3 points but our play is far from good over 90 minutes.