[FT] Motherwell 1 - 2 Rangers (Dorrans 4, 59pen)

If your arm is stretched at shoulder height which is not a natural position and stops the ball in the area then it is a penalty.

It was hardly an unnatural position and the motherwell player was less than 2 metres away , this rule has always been stupid and the ref played it 100%

After the incoherent mess of 3 wks ago it was good to see a system in place and there are encouraging signs. Still think we're a few players short.

Need to look at the positives and it'll continue to get better as the weeks go past. Motherwell also hadn't lost an opening day fixture for about 6 years i believe.

Didn't see the game but the German board chaps said it was a well deserved but - as expected - hard-work win and a good 3 points won today.

Just watched the extended highlights and from those we should have buried them (how often have we said that).

Our new chaps will have to get used to the way Scottish teams play us and it will sure take at least another 4 or 5 games before that will happen. Wonder who will be let loose against the Pars.

Edited by der Berliner

It was hardly an unnatural position and the motherwell player was less than 2 metres away , this rule has always been stupid and the ref played it 100%

Come on RBR if you are stretching your leg to stop a cross your arm is not going to at shoulder height. As for the rule being unclear I agree with you and every handball in the area should be a penalty.

On another note this running with your hands behind your back outside the area, I would sub you right away.

Come on RBR if you are stretching your leg to stop a cross your arm is not going to at shoulder height. As for the rule being unclear I agree with you and every handball in the area should be a penalty.

On another note this running with your hands behind your back outside the area, I would sub you right away.

Just watched it again on the link above pete , and as I remembered his arm where it hit was below his shoulder , its at 2 min 12 secs , but its semantics , the ref didn't give it

Edited by rbr

IIRC, referees are usually rather reluctant when players get hit from about a yard away with no time to react either way. In this instance, I did not check where the ref was either and if it was an awkward angle, the ref shouldn't give it. From what I have seen, it would have been daylight robbery to lose two points there.

I'm still confident they can be an unstoppable force. For 15 to 20 minutes or so around and following the goal it looked like an annhialation was in the offing. They proved they can do it. Now do it again and maintain it for the 90

Didn't see the game but the German board chaps said it was a well deserved but - as expected - hard-work win and a good 3 points won today.

Just watched the extended highlights and from those we should have buried them (how often have we said that).

Our new chaps will have to get used to the way Scottish teams play us and it will sure take at least another 4 or 5 games before that will happen. Wonder who will be let loose against the Pars.

Thanks for posting - hadn't seen the highlights yet so was reluctant to comment.

What I took from that was how great Windass looked! Maybe he had some bad stuff that weren't in the highlights package, but touch, pace, positioning, inventiveness - it was all there.

Defense is a bit of a worry, but I think the team as a whole probably has some gelling to do which might help it a bit.

I thought the 'well goal was on Foderingham. I'm no goalie coach, but he could have had that I think.

Delighted for Dorrans.

I only saw the last half hour as the wee man had a training session with Kevin Thomson (excellent coach who we could be doing with at the Academy).

Motherwell never dominated the last 30 minutes that I watched. Sure, they had chances but it wasn't through domination, it was through lumping the ball back to front. We had a fair bit of possession in that last 30 and created some chances of our own.

DGY14KuXkAIOkIY.jpg