Rangers 2 Hibernian 3 (Morelos, Tavernier).

Pedro tells the interviewer We Are The People

More or less diplomatically acknowledges that he knows what that bigot Beaton is! I also heard an interesting statistic on the radio too. That both teams foul count was similar yet our card count was through the roof!

I looked at a few of our players today and got the impression they were thinking the same about Beaton. Being kicked off the park yet cards getting dished out for the slightest thing. Pedro just confirmed it. After Jack was sent off it was 12 v 10.

The side still looks good and we could still do with another full back and striker. Our defence needs a little time. We lost direction in the second half. Football in the first 15-20 mins was fantastic.

There is no point screaming I and some others are paranoid. We went over it re the same officials last year. The one official that continually poor with us is Beaton. This is no coincidence. Pedro just alluded to the fact this was mentioned to him.

On a side note Lennon as usual in bother. Pedro informing the police over his actions on the touch line. However rather than show concern for a fellow professional, the media ridicule him as TLB is their pal!

Edited by cooponthewing

Jack off for less than Stokes did and for the same as McGinn did in the same incident.

Cheating, pure and simple

I will probably reply to a number of messages this evening but this one is a good place to start.

I get to see the Gers a couple of times a year - I HATE when we lose but I can always accept losing to a better team. What I can't accept is being cheated out of points and, worse, a completely inept, bordering on corrupt, refereeing performance. I've NEVER considered refs to be corrupt in Scotland and have always believed that they are just terribly poor refs. Today sees me alter my opinion. That was the closest thing you are likely to ever see to a corrupt refereeeing performance.

I need to watch the incident again but my first impression was that if Jack was to be sent off then McGeough (or was it McGinn ?) should have been too. Not only that but Stokes got involved and should have seen AT LEAST yellow. And he knew it too because he very swiftly departed the scene when it all calmed down a bit. Jack was livid at Stokes too because he was mouthing at him as he went off.

So in that incident we should/could have seen Hibs down to 9 men and Rangers down to 10, leaving Rangers a man up. Instead we have Rangers down a man, two player swing....

3 times the ginger for Hibs wasted time, the 3rd time he was warned about it.... 5 minutes later, time wasting again by kicking ball away and refs just gives him the "please don't do that again" look.

When Pena pushed the ball past the two CB's at the end of the game for the free kick, why wasn't that a straight red ? Surely if the ref gives the free kick then whichever CB made contact should be sent off for preventing a goal scoring opportunity ? There was no last man as the two CB's both went to ground at the same time...

The only thing that surprised me today was that he never sent another Rangers player off.

I don't know how you all manage to take that standard of refereeing for 90 minutes every game - I would lose my shot having to put up with that consistently !

BREAKING NEWS

Rangers v Hibs games under investigation following reports that Hibs fielded an ineligible player.

Early reports suggest questions have been asked as to whether John Beaton's details had been properly registered with the SFA/SPFL in time for the match. Speaking after the full time whistle, Hibs manager Kneel Lemon, stated that he thought Beaton has a fantastic game and his performance was a major factor in his tems win. Mr Lemon is hopeful that Beaton will maintain that level of performance throughout the season. Peter Liewell commented the his bhoys performance was also top drawer.

In other news, Rangers face a hefty fine from the authorities after starting the game in excellent fashion. Mr Liewell also comment "We can't be having that kind of behaviour from them - that kind of play just makes a mockery of the game in this country and we will clamp down heavily before it gets out of hand. Gers boss Petdro Caixhina also faces a fine for simply breathing.

I will probably reply to a number of messages this evening but this one is a good place to start.

I get to see the Gers a couple of times a year - I HATE when we lose but I can always accept losing to a better team. What I can't accept is being cheated out of points and, worse, a completely inept, bordering on corrupt, refereeing performance. I've NEVER considered refs to be corrupt in Scotland and have always believed that they are just terribly poor refs. Today sees me alter my opinion. That was the closest thing you are likely to ever see to a corrupt refereeeing performance.

I need to watch the incident again but my first impression was that if Jack was to be sent off then McGeough (or was it McGinn ?) should have been too. Not only that but Stokes got involved and should have seen AT LEAST yellow. And he knew it too because he very swiftly departed the scene when it all calmed down a bit. Jack was livid at Stokes too because he was mouthing at him as he went off.

So in that incident we should/could have seen Hibs down to 9 men and Rangers down to 10, leaving Rangers a man up. Instead we have Rangers down a man, two player swing....

3 times the ginger for Hibs wasted time, the 3rd time he was warned about it.... 5 minutes later, time wasting again by kicking ball away and refs just gives him the "please don't do that again" look.

When Pena pushed the ball past the two CB's at the end of the game for the free kick, why wasn't that a straight red ? Surely if the ref gives the free kick then whichever CB made contact should be sent off for preventing a goal scoring opportunity ? There was no last man as the two CB's both went to ground at the same time...

The only thing that surprised me today was that he never sent another Rangers player off.

I don't know how you all manage to take that standard of refereeing for 90 minutes every game - I would lose my shot having to put up with that consistently !

I agree with you. I've NEVER EVER accused refs of cheating either, until today. That's the most scandalous display, and I can only think he's confident of being able to perform like that and get away with it. Otherwise, he would have made it less obvious.

I can't believe it, and I still think I'm going to be furious about that for days, if not longer. There's no justice in the game if he is allowed to ref another of our games. Those that have spouted recent poisons about sporting integrity will no doubt be silent on that front regarding the ref. Disgusting!

The referee was poor but so were we. The second goal was a mess, regardless of the sending off our players should've defended better. Another defeat at home in an important match - this can't continue.

the change in formation from 442 to 352 n bringing on wilson and Herrea cost us 3 points. 442 is the best formation for this team. The refs will always cheat or make bad decisions its scotland the joke country.

1. It was 3-4-2 as we were down to 10 men

2. It didn't cost us 3 points at all. The ref did, and the fact we we're down to 10 men

3. If we had stayed 4-4-2 (which really is 4-4-1 with 10 men) we would have struggled to create anything going forward.

I take my hat off to Pedro rather than blame him. He went to 3 at the back to play one less defender so as not to get overrun in midfield and also having two up top so we could at least have a forward presence !

and for a team that's just come up.....credit where it's due guys. Never rated Lennon before, but he's done ok

He has. But he's still an absolute scumbag. His behavior was shocking for a manager today.

Unfortunately? I had to miss game today but to put things right with Craig without having seen any of today's action we have had to put up with this standard of refereeing constantly throughout the "journey".

yeah, complete agreement here

why the sudden outrage at the type of thing that has been going on for years?

As I noted above, unless I was mistaken, it was McGregor and McGeough who flattened Pena late on. And the ref even then chose the easy option and handed McGregor a yellow rather than McGeough his second.

As for Lennon, he simply is beyond it now ...

Optimized-Screen-Shot-2017-08-12-at-17.26.49-1000x600.jpg

... and you would hope the Police does act. (Wouldn't be surprised if the Hibees and old Scum pals have a fighting fund for this).