Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

Well, just back in from the game, result was as expected although we managed to keep the score down this time!, first half we competed but as usual we conceded poor goals.

We have a long way to go until we can put up a challenge for the title!, not much more I can say really!

Can we find a player who'll sort Brown out?

I thought Dorrans was a Bear but have doubts after today.

Brown does very little so causes no damage.

There is no way any Rangers player will be able to "sort out" anybody. Not with cheats like todays referee in charge.

I think we are going to come through these 3 tough away games with 9 points.

I really hope so, and taken one game at a time there is no reason we can't. Remember the same gap in budgets and class we are moaning about today, we have to our advantage over everyone else. We just need to believe it!

The first half was really exciting and obviously we should have had a penalty. I can't even begin to understand on what basis the referee chose not to give it. There is no one (not even their fans) who would have disputed it. The inconsistency from the ref in terms of bookings is just ridiculous. I've not seen replays of the Morelos booking yet but I didn't think he did anything wrong, and even if he did touch him, can someone explain what's different about the fouls from Armstrong and Griffiths because they didn't receive a card? And did anyone else see that thug Brown's elbow on Morelos? At half time I just hoped we could keep it going. We seemed to restart the second half a bit better than usual, but what a terribly sloppy goal to lose. What was Hodson doing? It also seemed like two of our players left it to each other rather than one of them taking control to clear it. That goal changed the game, as goals tend to do. That then forced us to make a change, and although Pena wasn't as effective as we'd want him to be, I felt he was the only chance we had of creating something of a link up with Morelos. Miller tries hard, but offers little.

I'd like to think that Alves would have made a difference today in terms of experience and leadership, although I thought the young boy RM played well for only his second game. We really missed an attacking threat from our left wingback today. In a 4-2-3-1 (or equivalent), the wingbacks are critical and although Hodson worked hard also, he just doesn't have the technical ability of a DJ to help us break down the Celtic defence.

There is a gap between us and Celtic, but it really isn't as big as I feared it might be. I'm already looking forward to the next one against them.

The first half was really exciting and obviously we should have had a penalty. I can't even begin to understand on what basis the referee chose not to give it. There is no one (not even their fans) who would have disputed it. The inconsistency from the ref in terms of bookings is just ridiculous. I've not seen replays of the Morelos booking yet but I didn't think he did anything wrong, and even if he did touch him, can someone explain what's different about the fouls from Armstrong and Griffiths because they didn't receive a card? And did anyone else see that thug Brown's elbow on Morelos? At half time I just hoped we could keep it going. We seemed to restart the second half a bit better than usual, but what a terribly sloppy goal to lose. What was Hodson doing? It also seemed like two of our players left it to each other rather than one of them taking control to clear it. That goal changed the game, as goals tend to do. That then forced us to make a change, and although Pena wasn't as effective as we'd want him to be, I felt he was the only chance we had of creating something of a link up with Morelos. Miller tries hard, but offers little.

I'd like to think that Alves would have made a difference today in terms of experience and leadership, although I thought the young boy RM played well for only his second game. We really missed an attacking threat from our left wingback today. In a 4-2-3-1 (or equivalent), the wingbacks are critical and although Hodson worked hard also, he just doesn't have the technical ability of a DJ to help us break down the Celtic defence.

There is a gap between us and Celtic, but it really isn't as big as I feared it might be. I'm already looking forward to the next one against them.

I feel pretty much the same as you. I don't think we're that much behind them but we need an even playing field.

We know why the ref never gave us a penalty and booked Morelos to dampen his game and why he let them off with constant and more yellow-worthy fouls; because he, along with his colleagues are either being paid to make those decisions or hate Rangers that much that their judgement is clouded.

McCrorie impressed me today. I didn't really notice him much against Partick Thistle. If Alves is out for a while we have little to worry about.

Ryan Jack is another who is clearly up to the challenge.

The team was already finding it difficult with Peña. I thought he did ok but we need much more. The team found it really difficult when he was replaced with Miller. I hope keeping Miller out of the team is a priority in January.

Some other players didn't show much. I think Hodson was mismatched against his opponent. Despite that he did as well as can be expected. The gap between Hodson, on the left, and either John or Wallace is quite wide. Candeias didn't look up to much either. I think he has been able to outpace all his opponents this season but not today.

It's not good enough but it might be a different story next time. Hopefully next time we will have a preferred left back, more from Peña and someone to keep Miller out of the team.

I will go further and say imo we would have lost by more iv Alves was in the team

Brown does very little so causes no damage.

There is no way any Rangers player will be able to "sort out" anybody. Not with cheats like todays referee in charge.

more worryingly is the small fact we don't have a single player in our squad to put 'hardman' broon in his place.

We've been out of the picture a long time since Scottish bosses decided to kill us off without success, yet we have no player of substance to 'sort him out'. Just boot the c@@ up the arse is all we ask.