The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

We are cursed with an incompetent board whether it be conmen or those who want to do what they think is right.

10 years behind the tramps? Not unless we get the RIGHT people to take the reins and engage proper control.

King is the right man...yeah 2 years ago he was. Today? Nope!

Unless we change at the top (Again!) instead of changing the guy in charge of football duties, we will have this discussion evermore.

He was ill advised. I was sure most everyone knew that.

Anyone that knows him or his family know their allegiances. You choose to decide otherwise on a poorly convened interview at a time when it was a complete clusterfuck around our club... and also at a time when it was convenient for the new owners to allow people like Naismith to leave anyway as it saved them money. People like Naismith were nothing but pawns in the Charles Green deception..... yet too many of us try to make everyone out to be the perpetrators.

This has been discussed over and over. Ill advised is probably all he has in self defense but he should have been old enough and mature to step back if other team mates were like Davis. But even if he did feel the need to speak out the choice of words were wrong. "Why isnt people knocking on his door".

Edited by Gribz

Please forget this Naismith crap. The guy hardly plays through injury. I have nothing against what he did in the past but he is not the way forward. please can we move on and plan for the future and not dig up the past.

Naismith is past his sell by date.

In principle, and in practice, I do not endorse bringing old favourites back; it seldom works, as, generally , they have lost whatever it was that made them favourites in the first place.

Naismith has been injured for large spells of this season. He's still got a lucrative deal (1.5 years left) in Canaryland, so all this talk about him fancying a return was probably just based on a journo asking him: "Hey Naisy, wouldn't you like to come back to Ibrox in the future?" ... to which he replied, "Yes, sure."

For now I'm looking forward to see that Killie left-winger on Saturday, hoping he does not too well, but still impresses. Which he did last time we played them.

Edited by der Berliner

Feyenoord suspend Kramer for eating sandwich

Posted by admin on December 22nd, 2017 06:34 PM | Eredivisie, News

Feyenoord have suspended striker Michiel Kramer after he was spotted eating fast-food during their KNVB Cup tie with Heracles on Thursday.

By Michael Bell

Follow Michael on Twitter

During half-time of Feyenoord’s 3-1 win over Heracles, Kramer, who was on the substitutes bench, was spotted eating a croquette sandwich, which is a popular Dutch fast food.

Feyenoord have now confirmed that Kramer has been left out of the squad for this weekends tie with Roda JC and also fined.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst said on the matter, “We will definitely go into that with Michiel tomorrow.

“A croquette sandwich is delicious every once in a while but not during a match, which seems obvious to me.”

Feyenoord technical director Martin van Geel added, “Michiel’s action is unprofessional and, in our opinion, unacceptable, and this behaviour does not fit within the top-class sports climate that we have at Feyenoord and within the exemplary role that our players have.”

Kramer has been overlooked by Van Bronckhorst for most of the season, making only three starts despite main striker Nicolai Jorgensen missing a big chunk of the season through injury. The striker is set to be sold in January

This guy is on a total crash course with GVB and there is obviously a breakdown of discipline with him now. He was once a good striker. Tall and Lanky and good in the air. Worth a punt on loan if we could get him and make him feel wanted which he does not have at Feynoord.

Feyenoord suspend Kramer for eating sandwich

Posted by admin on December 22nd, 2017 06:34 PM | Eredivisie, News

Feyenoord have suspended striker Michiel Kramer after he was spotted eating fast-food during their KNVB Cup tie with Heracles on Thursday.

By Michael Bell

Follow Michael on Twitter

During half-time of Feyenoord’s 3-1 win over Heracles, Kramer, who was on the substitutes bench, was spotted eating a croquette sandwich, which is a popular Dutch fast food.

Feyenoord have now confirmed that Kramer has been left out of the squad for this weekends tie with Roda JC and also fined.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst said on the matter, “We will definitely go into that with Michiel tomorrow.

“A croquette sandwich is delicious every once in a while but not during a match, which seems obvious to me.”

Feyenoord technical director Martin van Geel added, “Michiel’s action is unprofessional and, in our opinion, unacceptable, and this behaviour does not fit within the top-class sports climate that we have at Feyenoord and within the exemplary role that our players have.”

Kramer has been overlooked by Van Bronckhorst for most of the season, making only three starts despite main striker Nicolai Jorgensen missing a big chunk of the season through injury. The striker is set to be sold in January

This guy is on a total crash course with GVB and there is obviously a breakdown of discipline with him now. He was once a good striker. Tall and Lanky and good in the air. Worth a punt on loan if we could get him and make him feel wanted which he does not have at Feynoord.

Edited by pete

Naismith has been injured for large spells of this season. He's still got a lucrative deal (1.5 years left) in Canaryland, so all this talk about him fancying a return was probably just based on a journo asking him: "Hey Naisy, wouldn't you like to come back to Ibrox in the future?" ... to which he replied, "Yes, sure."

For now I'm looking forward to see that Killie left-winger on Saturday, hoping he does not too well, but still impresses. Which he did last time we played them.

I think his answer was more detailed than that.

“I think it would,” said Naismith. “I’ve spoken in the past about Kilmarnock and Rangers and being appreciative for what they did for me as a player. I would look at those clubs and see if they were options to start with.

“I wouldn’t say [i had] unfinished business [at Rangers], because we were successful and won a lot of trophies. “The way I left wasn’t great. I still watch all the games on TV, still speak to all the players and staff I know at the club. I love hearing how things are going. I still support Rangers and I want them to do well.

“Moving forward, coming back to Scotland there would be clubs I’d prefer to play with rather than just coming back and picking and choosing whoever. “Fortunately, when I come back to Scotland, it’s not going to be about finances. It’ll be about what I think is the right fit for me. That’ll be the main thing. “You need people at the clubs to want you and you just need to see what options are available.”