Pacific Quay Musings?

But the peddling of the myth continues:

From a blow job on Desmond by Neil Cameron in today's Gherald -

"When you’ve pumped so much money into a business, including the £6m he reportedly spent on the training ground, you get to have a say in the big stuff."

So, he remains a benefactor, then. It was news to me that he had 'funded' the training ground to the tune of £6M.

It always absolutely amazes me how Desmond can just 'get the cheque book out' and fund sellik, a PLC, without the monies touching the sides. Are these subventions loans, gifts, charitable contributions (ha, ha)? Are there any tax implications?  Are the contributions reckoned within FFP calculations? Are they secured against anything? Or is it all off the balance sheet financial doping? 

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

But the peddling of the myth continues:

From a blow job on Desmond by Neil Cameron in today's Gherald -

"When you’ve pumped so much money into a business, including the £6m he reportedly spent on the training ground, you get to have a say in the big stuff."

So, he remains a benefactor, then. It was news to me that he had 'funded' the training ground to the tune of £6M.

It always absolutely amazes me how Desmond can just 'get the cheque book out' and fund sellik, a PLC, without the monies touching the sides. Are these subventions loans, gifts, charitable contributions (ha, ha)? Are there any tax implications?  Are the contributions reckoned within FFP calculations? Are they secured against anything? Or is it all off the balance sheet financial doping? 

The media tend to be lazy and not pay much attention to detail on such matters, whether it be Celtic or Rangers.

The difference being in many cases, the almost automated slant.

Edited by buster.

8 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I think it was McCann's third share issue of the four, that was Preferential Shares?

It brought in the real dosh, the heavy hitters waded in because it was by their perception, a Klondyke. These shares pay a Dividend every year, it's lucrative. When MON left the club, due to his wife's ongoing 'illness', he was the recipient of a tranche of said shares. It's a nice pension, MON receiving monies in perpetuity.   

Thought the bunnet had their first two shares issues when he mostly sold the gullible yahoo hordes non-voting shares?

And Desmond(after said bunnet departed with his £45m) then held a further two shares issues for preferential shares for his mates ?

Maybe BBC PQ will advise. Surely even the daftest yahoo can now see they’re being fleeced?

I see Celtic Tom has chosen to mention Kyle's previous gambling problems in his latest BBC article, despite getting something of a roasting on Twitter the other day from Frankie, myself & many others for his denial of BBC bias.

Edited by D'Artagnan