Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans - Rangers v Celtic Preview

Just now, Barebear said:

I don’t agree we have closed the gap. We haven’t beaten them over 90 minutes in f***ing ages! 

They beat us with 10 men at Ibrox.

wWe are going to be 12 points behind. 

There res is still a gap!

The league gap isn't because of today. It's because of a poor first half to the season dropping points that should never have been dropped. I don't see that happening next season. 

2 minutes ago, Barebear said:

I don’t agree we have closed the gap. We haven’t beaten them over 90 minutes in f***ing ages! 

We are going to be 12 points behind. 

There is still a gap!

I didn't mean in terms of points, but in terms of quality. 

Going from being humiliated regularly to being absolutely enraged at a narrow defeat is most certainly progress. 

3 minutes ago, Barebear said:

We are going to be 12 points behind. 

There is still a gap!

yes but i big part of that gap was the 3 month head start they had under caixinha

1 minute ago, Barebear said:

wWe are going to be 12 points behind. 

There res is still a gap!

Maybe it's time to stop thinking about the points gap with Celtic for a while.

We need to bounce back, and secure second place, by dealing with the rest i.e. Kilmarnock, Hibernian and Aberdeen.

Another win in the cup would be nice too of course.

On a more tactical note ... I would have removed Murphy roundabout the 60 mins mark (if not earlier), and thrown in Cummings. Likewise, Holt could have added some more pace and bite in central midfield - instead of Goss.

We put quite a few decent enough flanks into the area or over the latter, only that either a second striker was missing or the opposite winger had moved in. When they managed to close down the Candeias and left-wing threat, we should have gone through the middle more often, but for all his good games of late, Goss was not really in there. Mainly because Brown and Ntcham giving him hardly any time at all. Same with Windass, who essentially dropped out 2nd half due to having no space to burn his pace. Maybe we try to check out another tricky attacking midfielder who is a creator with the ball at his feet as well us able to run at pace? Perhaps we test Murphy there every now and then?

Looking at what we have out, McCrorie could give us a real threat through central midfield ... or be an option for central defence. Dorrans may add more physique and power, as will McArthur (should he arrive).

What I would like to see in the immediate future is Cummings and Morelos being partners up front.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Going from being humiliated regularly to being absolutely enraged at a narrow defeat is most certainly progress. 

I’m no saying that we haven’t improved. Of course we have. But even in terms of quality I still think there is a gap. Maybe only a small one that a couple of good buys in the summer will fix. Established international players like McArthur, maybe Davis, Id have had Berra before Martin, but Martin might turn out to be good. 

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The second half today was pretty humiliating.  

2 minutes ago, Barebear said:

I’m no saying that we haven’t improved. Of course we have. But even in terms of quality I still think there is a gap. Maybe only a small one that a couple of good buys in the summer will fix. Established international players like McArthur, maybe Davis, Id have had Berra before Martin, but Martin might turn out to be good. 

I agree there's still a gap; I didn't claim there wasn't. 

I only said that the gap is closing; which it clearly is.

We've still got a way to go.