Smoke Bombs thrown onto fans

On 11/03/2018 at 20:51, Gonzo79 said:

I've heard it from a pretty high up source that there is no way the police will let us lessen the allocation.  

I'd stick them in the corner but from what I've heard, it can't happen.

That would be the police leaving Rangers no alternative than to deny any allocation at all. Which would be the first favour we’ve ever received from Police Scotland

40 minutes ago, pete said:

Sorry for the late reply mate but I have not had any Internet. Yes he was young with curly hair. Thankfully he eventually got the  message and moved away.  

Aye, I noticed him and was (pleasantly) surprised he didn't get huckled.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, I noticed him and was (pleasantly) surprised he didn't get huckled.

I said to the woman next to me" I wish that idiot would go and sit  down before he gets huckled" He kept coming back until he seemed to finally get the message. 

On 14/03/2018 at 16:18, Darthter said:

No...Safety within the stadium is the responsibility of the Police & the club (via their stewards).

If the Police say they are unable to check everyone entering the ground, then its up to the club to provide adequate resource if that is required.  I believe it will be the Stewards that will primarily be responsible for safety inside the stadium, therefore it is there's & the Clubs responsibility to ensure that no illegal or unwanted items are allowed in.

Nothing to do with the Govt.

I have to say I fully agree with you on this point. All the laws are in place to allow policing of football stadia. The government who are there to ensure statutes are available to allow the police to do their jobs cannot be blamed for how the police or stewards do or do not do their own job.

This game should have been regarded as high-risk and police and stewards should have searched each individual - not least in their end - thoroughly. How that Palestinian flag entered the ground is beyond me too. Political statements do not belong into any football ground and is actually forbidden in the house rules (even at the Scumhut). No laughing at the back there!

Likewise, this is the 21st century and I would hope that enough cameras were aimed at their block, in fact, over on FF someone said that shortly after the bang that deafend the little chap, a senior police officier was talking like mad in his walkie-talkie and pointing to a section in the Yahoo stand. If that idiot isn't caught, we should make sure that we have enough high-res cameras aimed at their section next time around.

On 15/03/2018 at 13:47, Bill said:

That would be the police leaving Rangers no alternative than to deny any allocation at all. Which would be the first favour we’ve ever received from Police Scotland

The police work on fan safety at the ground. If Rangers want selliks allocation to be the same as any other away fans  the police will consider the risk and their emergency planning group will carry out a study and say, if you want that you'll need to pay for however many police to ensure those attending the match do so without risk of harm. 

I believe there are now SPFL rules prohibiting the total banning of away fans.

That is why whenever talk of the manks getting shoved into a corner comes up I say it won't happen - it would cost our club a lot of money in extra policing to do that.

My main point is though, despite what was posted earlier and no matter how high up the source was, the police do not decide how many of the scum we allow in. Rangers decide that and the police decide how much it will cost.

Edited by boabie

It is hard to make any argument to keep the status quo. They are a danger to our fans and something needs to change. They are throwing incendiary devices at our fans and players for god’s sake! That alone should be massive headline news and an easy decision to move / ban them.