Massive decision this summer

On 17/03/2018 at 21:45, rbr said:

The board are faced with their biggest and most important decision in approx. 8 games time , one IMHO they simply cannot get wrong , and that's appointing a new and experienced manager .

Firstly , I like GM , I think hes a thoroughly decent guy and a great youths coach  , I've seen at first hand at Auchenowie how he is with the  youths , however he is not ready for this job , I said when he was appointed that he had been thrown under the bus by the board and I still believe it , today was symptomatic of the types of results we have had this year, where we simply are not set up to break teams down that sit in. Though the rebuilding that was started under GM and MA has born some fruit , the midfelders especially are too young and inexperienced to shoulder the responsibility of playing week in week out , against celtic we had 3 ,21 year olds, one of which was playing only his 12th or 13th senior game .

There have been rumours of meetings with Roberto Matinez's No2 , whether that's fantasy or not who knows , but we need an experienced manager to take us on to the next phase of our journey .

I only hope the board and MA are up to the task . 

One last thought or rather point , this seasons debacle at home is our worst set of results at Ibrox since 1914 .

Thats 2 or 3 I know who have heard the Martinez rumour rbr.

Its either doing the rounds or we all know the same source !!

31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Martinez will have to see out the WC with Belgium, so would have no time to settle in.  Was he Wigan manager when they won the FA Cup?

It's Martinez's Assistant, not Martinez himself, I think.

The last thing we need is another rookie foreign coach coming in, ffs! I’d rather have Murty. The last few years we have consistently replaced poor managers with even worse ones. This is because these days, any Rangers manager is on a hiding to nothing, expected to qualify for the Champions League with f-all money. Nobody better than Murty is coming. You could argue we are in no better a place than if we had kept Super Ally as boss, so we should be careful what we wish for. As long as he gets us into Europe, Murty will take charge during the qualifiers. I am also quite confident Mark Allen will further improve the squad during the summer. Why bring in a new boss who will want to sign his own players??

4 minutes ago, 917 said:

Nobody better than Murty is coming. 

May as well hand the scum 10 now then.  

Murty has had his chance and proven he isn't up to it.  The past 9 days have seen to that.

Edited by Gonzo79

The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter one iota what Murty's failings might be. What matters is the ability and willingness of the board to acquire anyone who's better than Murty.

1 hour ago, 917 said:

The last thing we need is another rookie foreign coach coming in, ffs! I’d rather have Murty. The last few years we have consistently replaced poor managers with even worse ones. This is because these days, any Rangers manager is on a hiding to nothing, expected to qualify for the Champions League with f-all money. Nobody better than Murty is coming. You could argue we are in no better a place than if we had kept Super Ally as boss, so we should be careful what we wish for. As long as he gets us into Europe, Murty will take charge during the qualifiers. I am also quite confident Mark Allen will further improve the squad during the summer. Why bring in a new boss who will want to sign his own players??

I'd prefer Murty to Ally any day of the week

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter one iota what Murty's failings might be. What matters is the ability and willingness of the board to acquire anyone who's better than Murty.

Not to do so would be tantamount to signing their own death warrants, I'd like to think they're not that daft.