Massive decision this summer

It's so much easier fo managers and players to perform at clubs where expectations are low.  It's a whole different ball game at a club like Rangers.  We've had more than our fair share of players and managers who found that out the hard way.

I'm not trying to belittle the achievements of Clarke, but I would not want us to replace Murty for him.

When Murty was appointed until the end of the season - my conclusion was that the board had written the league off this year and targeted a manager available in the summer. 

I’m still of the same opinion. The sad thing is that if we had brought in an experience manager we could have work won this league.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

It's so much easier fo managers and players to perform at clubs where expectations are low.  It's a whole different ball game at a club like Rangers. 

If only Clarke had experience at clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool :D

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

If only Clarke had experience at clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool :D

Yeah, but he was 'only' a coach there.  It's very different when you're the one making the decisions, managing the personalities, the media, the expectations, and on the hook for results.  Don't get me wrong, I've already said I think he's done a great job there but I don't read too much into that because it's night and day to managing us.

18 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Didn't Clarke's Kilmarnock side not take all three points in his last meeting with Brenda?

If Murty is doing a good job how are the likes of Hamilton doing us over at Ibrox?

but, Kilmarnock are still sitting 5th in the league, which would indicate that even though they have taken points from us & them, they are still a mediocre team.

Is a mid-table, Scot Premiership manager the answer to our problems???  What happens if Clarke is brought in, then gets gubbed in his 1st game against them???  or has a poor start to the season???  That is always going to be a gamble, no matter who it is, but by aiming higher that risk is reduced.

9 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Yeah, but he was 'only' a coach there.  It's very different when you're the one making the decisions, managing the personalities, the media, the expectations, and on the hook for results.  Don't get me wrong, I've already said I think he's done a great job there but I don't read too much into that because it's night and day to managing us.

He was "only" assistant manager but you've obviously got a point. No guarantee that he'd adjust and perform well for us. 

However given the financial position of both us and Scottish football, we've little chance of getting someone who is very low risk. 

10 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

He was "only" assistant manager but you've obviously got a point. No guarantee that he'd adjust and perform well for us. 

However given the financial position of both us and Scottish football, we've little chance of getting someone who is very low risk. 

I think we've already got a manager who is lower risk.

14 minutes ago, Darthter said:

but, Kilmarnock are still sitting 5th in the league, which would indicate that even though they have taken points from us & them, they are still a mediocre team.

Is a mid-table, Scot Premiership manager the answer to our problems???  

You're taking into account games when Clarke wasn't manager.

Exclude these games and Killie are lying in 3rd place, 4 points behind Celtic and 1 point behind us. Hardly mediocre, given the spending by both sides of the old firm.

It's outstanding given the circumstances.