Massive decision this summer

6 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think losing twice at home in the space of a week has done Murty no favours.

He failed to take advantage of Celtc going down to 10 men &  his team selection yesterday with Cummins up front on his own was madness.

Whatever the board decide to do they must make up their minds pretty quick as we could be playing an ELQ in just over 3 months time. If there is to be a new manager he needs to be in place long before then.

... I am still somewhat at a loss why people can't see beyond the manager when shit results happen. We had not really great alternatives for creative midfield on the bench, and Morelos may or may not have made a difference earlier. As has been said, the lad has been playing football for ages now and needs a few minutes rest every now and then, for body and mind.

You would hope that Murty, Nicholl and Johansson get their act together and find a way past teams like Killie, be that home and away. But if players simply don't reach their standards, what shall he do on the day? Just saying ...

On 18 March 2018 at 22:22, der Berliner said:

... I am still somewhat at a loss why people can't see beyond the manager when shit results happen. We had not really great alternatives for creative midfield on the bench, and Morelos may or may not have made a difference earlier. As has been said, the lad has been playing football for ages now and needs a few minutes rest every now and then, for body and mind.

You would hope that Murty, Nicholl and Johansson get their act together and find a way past teams like Killie, be that home and away. But if players simply don't reach their standards, what shall he do on the day? Just saying ...

The manager has to take responsibilty. The buck stops with him.

Against CEltc when they went down to 10 men Brenda immediately made a substitution & put on a defender and re-arranged his system. Murty didn't seem to do anything. He didn't get any benefit from having an extra man.

That sort of decision making ( or not decision making) should be noticed by the board. Murty should be judged on the same criteria as his predecessors. I'd suggest results must improve drastically between now & the end of the season if he is to remain in charge next season

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't hold out any hope about winning the cup and we'll be 3rd if Aberdeen win their game in hand.  

This last week has been a real kick in the guts for us all.

I’ll give up hope of the cup when we’re out and I’ll give up the target of second when it’s impossible. That is surely the time to evaluate and based on funding make a decision and to judge the board.  

We can discuss managers all night long  but the team needs another £10m spent on it. Depending on how much money is available will make it easier to understand our managerial options. 

I don't think the squad needs £10m spent.  We can get 3 or 4 good players for half that.  

A good manager will ensure they all do their job.

Edited by Gonzo79

Having players of the wage book? remember we still carry Dalcio(who),and god forbid we have possibility of Pena,Forrester and others on loan who might have to come back when loans are up so sorting wage book not simple.

Murty has been given till the end of the season and that's when decisions about the next step have to be made. He could still win the cup and produce another stunning run. Just a couple of weeks ago the concensus appeared to be that he was the man and now after a contrary result it's back to he has to go.

We can't be constantly veering all over the place like this because there will always be contrary results.  The yahoos just had one when they couldn't beat a team who aren't even in the top 6 and who were down to 10 men for the bulk of the match.  And in addition according to reports the non top 6 team were getting the better of them till they went down to 10 men.

Anyone seeing any screams for the head of Rogers? Murty has produced some of the best results of the season and it may be the case that we need to give him a close season and the Summer window to truly see where he can take the team next.

13 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I'm sorry but the penny will never drop to anyone who thinks Murty has any future as our manager. All of the embarrassing defeats are one thing, but back to back defeats against Killie should be an automatic dismissal. The guy in the opposite dugout is a hugely experienced coach with bags of EPL experience. Whether he would come is one thing, but an approach should be made immediately.

Case in point: Killie's last 5 games = 11 points whilst we have a pitiful 9. What is their wage bill compared to ours?

It's not as easy as that. Do you really think he'd have us winning titles? I can't see it. It's a whole different ball game from getting a small side punching above their weight.

Dyche is doing well at Burnley, should Man Utd or Chelsea appoint him to improve them? They've both taken about 9 points out of 21 in the League, think of what Dyche could do with Chelsea's budget.

I don't think it's as easy as that: It's a different style of football altogether. 

10 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I’m still somewhat at a loss why you haven’t yet figured out the buck stops with the manager. He picks the team, coaches them and sets out the tactics. If the players are not performing then it’s his responsibility to fix it. At least you’re not blaming the ref or luck this week though.