Massive decision this summer

I'm sorry but the penny will never drop to anyone who thinks Murty has any future as our manager. All of the embarrassing defeats are one thing, but back to back defeats against Killie should be an automatic dismissal. The guy in the opposite dugout is a hugely experienced coach with bags of EPL experience. Whether he would come is one thing, but an approach should be made immediately.

Case in point: Killie's last 5 games = 11 points whilst we have a pitiful 9. What is their wage bill compared to ours?

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

34 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

If we finish second and win the cup?

I don't hold out any hope about winning the cup and we'll be 3rd if Aberdeen win their game in hand.  

This last week has been a real kick in the guts for us all.

Edited by Gonzo79

If's and but's this season has many  "swings & roundabouts" to come the only certainty,unfortunately,is the mhanks are going to be champions(boak) but other than that noting else is settled.

Still have hopes re cup and second place,but there again my cup is always half full:rfcbouncy:

31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't hold out any hope about winning the cup and we'll be 3rd if Aberdeen win their game in hand.  

This last week has been a real kick in the guts for us all.

Bang on for me.

I don't hold out any hope of winning it. With this team even if we somehow get passed the mhanks I can see us losing the Final.

I think we will get 2nd because the sheep are as big a bunch of bottlers as us. Hibs worry me more to be honest

8 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Take a look at what Smith was doing prior to becoming Rangers manager.

Compare it to what Murty has been doing.

Player

1966–1975 - Dundee United - 108 (2)

1967 -  Dallas Tornado  - (loan) [3] 3 (0)

1975–1977 - Dumbarton - 44 (0)

1977–1980 - Dundee United - 26 (0)

Total 181 (2)

Manager

1978–1982 - Scotland U18

1982–1986 - Scotland U21

1986 - Scotland (assistant)

1986–1991 - Rangers (assistant)

1991–1998 - Rangers

Graeme Murty

Player

1993–1998 - York City - 117 (7)

1998–2009 - Reading - 306 (2)

2009 - Charlton Athletic - (loan) 8 (0)

2009–2010 - Southampton - 6 (0)

Total 437 (9)

Manager

... - Southampton - development coach

-2016 - Norwich City - u18s coach

2016-2017 Rangers development teams

2017 - Rangers

On hindsight, people will probably cast a lenient eye on Sir Walter's pedigree pre Rangers. At the time and leading up to the appointment of him as assistant though ... you wonder what Rangers supporters were saying about his appointment, pedigree and qualifications as a Rangers full time manager.

I think losing twice at home in the space of a week has done Murty no favours.

He failed to take advantage of Celtc going down to 10 men &  his team selection yesterday with Cummins up front on his own was madness.

Whatever the board decide to do they must make up their minds pretty quick as we could be playing an ELQ in just over 3 months time. If there is to be a new manager he needs to be in place long before then.