Massive decision this summer

15 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Will his team not have done that on occasions this season?

I take your point and of course there's a risk but there's always going to be issues with any manager that is proposed.

That's very true. 

Taking a quick look at the games you'd expect them to 'dominate', it's either a tight game that ends in a 1-0 win or a draw, or it's a narrow victory (3-2 comes up a lot). But that's against teams that will sit-in, but will tend to have a go much more than against us or Celtic.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't get past that 'style' -- for want of a better word -- difference.  

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

That's very true. 

Taking a quick look at the games you'd expect them to 'dominate', it's either a tight game that ends in a 1-0 win or a draw, or it's a narrow victory (3-2 comes up a lot). But that's against teams that will sit-in, but will tend to have a go much more than against us or Celtic.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't get past that 'style' -- for want of a better word -- difference.  

Would Pep have done as well at Killie as Clarke? An interesting question.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Would Pep have done as well at Killie as Clarke? An interesting question.

Very interesting question.

I don't think so. 

Case in point, Stoke: they propelled up the leagues with a basic approach, brutal to watch but effective percentage football; but once they tried to develop further, and they made improvements all-over, but ultimately failed. I think there's a ceiling with that style of football; it only takes you so far. You'd then need a Guardiola.

Leipzig are the only side to really propel up the leagues and then challenge for the title. Their style is completely unlike Clarke; its all fast transitions -- a style that already had pedigree at the top end of the table with Salzburg. (I've said before but Salzburg would be a terrific model for us.)

I've waffled there... :facepalm: 

look at the like of Clarke etc....the question has to be asked - have they challenged Brenda/Ceptic???  Ultimately, the answer is no.

Therefore what is the point in looking at managers from within the Scottish league, when they have failed to regularly take points from them.....who says that stepping into the Rangers job, they are going to do the same level of job as with their current clubs???

If we truly want to get a someone in of the required standard, we MUST splash cash on them - even if that means sacrificing players to do so.

So far, I think GM has done a good job, and is learning all the time.  He has the team playing well (most of the time) & between GM & Mark Allen, we have brought in decent players.

5 minutes ago, Darthter said:

look at the like of Clarke etc....the question has to be asked - have they challenged Brenda/Ceptic???  Ultimately, the answer is no.

Therefore what is the point in looking at managers from within the Scottish league, when they have failed to regularly take points from them.....who says that stepping into the Rangers job, they are going to do the same level of job as with their current clubs???

If we truly want to get a someone in of the required standard, we MUST splash cash on them - even if that means sacrificing players to do so.

So far, I think GM has done a good job, and is learning all the time.  He has the team playing well (most of the time) & between GM & Mark Allen, we have brought in decent players.

Didn't Clarke's Kilmarnock side not take all three points in his last meeting with Brenda?

If Murty is doing a good job how are the likes of Hamilton doing us over at Ibrox?

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

Clarke has taken 4 points from 6 against Celtic and 7 points from 9 against us, since he joined Killie. What more do you expect anyone to do at Killie?