Rangers 4 Dundee 0 (Miller, Morelos, Murphy, Candeias)

13 hours ago, the gunslinger said:
13 hours ago, ian1964 said:
His booking should be appealed and it will be rescinded 

You cant appeal a yellow

Seemingly you can for simulation 

15 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Must admit murray looks dangerous.

Very surprised they loaned him out

Apparently he didn't get on too well with TLB. Whether that was because he's even more mental is anyone's guess. Many were surprised that TLB send him away though, given he was their best striker alongside Stokes, who is currently playing with Apollon Smyrnis in Greece - if you want some random Scottish football knowledge. Apparently some sort of ego problem at Easter Road.

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

One thing is sure enough - we need 3 in central midfield.  

How many times do we have to get overrun or be totally ineffectual there before the manager realises this?

You are absolutely spot on.

When you look at that 4-0 result on paper having not seen the game it looks like a clear walk over. It was anything but a walk over. As much as I like Murty as a person I am getting sick and tired of hearing him tell us how good we/our players were after a game like this. We were absolutely garbage for 60 minutes, players getting in each others way, poor passing, predictable slow build up, out of position when opposition had the ball on the break the list is endless. NO! Its not good enough Mr Murty. NO! 

Morelos didn't see the ball for the fist 20 minutes and he's our lone striker in a system with 2 in midfield that has been read by ALL opposition and countered. Yet still he refuses to adapt or change favouring the Warburton mantra of 'its about what we do'. I'm sick of hearing it!  

Three in the middle would probably help, but we still should be better with the two. Virtually every side in Europe played a 4-2-3-1, with a double-pivot, but none get opened up the way we do. It's brutal. 

Closing the distance between the two wingers would help. Guardiola likes wide wingers to hug the touchline, but only at one side; our wingers are out of the game, isolated. 

Another simple thing would be to close the gap between the CB and Morelos; it's massive at times. Any pressing on the defensive transition takes too long as players are too far away from each other. Dundee were running at our box before our players noticed!

Three in the middle would perhaps help, but it goes deeper; the spacing, and structure of the team is not good enough. I can't help but feel even with three we'd still be chasing opposition players who've broken through our lines. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Must admit murray looks dangerous.

Very surprised they loaned him out

He was excellent against us in the game Beaton cheated us at ibrox earlier in season

Think Murray raises his game. Irratic player of limited ability. Dundee probably his level. 

We played too deep in the first half. When that was rectified Dundee didnt handle it. We made them

look better than they are by giving them space and our goals came from pressing higher and overlapping. 

Getting the first goal for us is also important as are mentally fragile. 

Im not overly confident about next week whatever way we play but don’t see sitting in as an option based on yesterday. I think we have to take it as a one off and go for them. Hope we can somehow open up a 2 goal gap.  If you take the best parts of yesterday and the best parts of the Motherwell draw we have a team that can create chances. I’m convinced if we are positive we will get half a dozen decent chances next week and you never know. If we sit in they will beat us anyway as we can’t defend for 90 mins agains them and without any prospect of us scoring it will be very depressing. 

If the last 2 games taught us anything (and the OF game) we are a much better team going forward and pressing high as per the 0-0 at the midden. 

Edited by Walterbear

I agree with the guys who said we were garbage for 60 mins, thats the way I saw it too. Dundee were well on top until, IMO,  they got too ambitious, pushed too many men forward and left themselves open to our counter attack. If they had kept their shape I couldnt see us breaking them down at all.

Another stonewall penalty denied by a tim with a whistle and nothing said about it by anyone at our club. Disgusting.

Murty's brand of football is torture to watch and the only good thing I can cling on to is that we only have 5 league games left plus one cup-tie (probably, but we can dream!) before we get rid of him. His team selection with Miller in the creative number 10 role, Dorrans as a holding midfielder (that cant be his best position surely?), and just a same again lads formation and expecting a different result was sheer insanity or incompetence. I just hope that by Murty doing us a favour and trying to hold things together until the end of the season, that this hasnt ruined his chances of getting a manager's job elsewhere in future. He seems a nice guy with some good ideas and I wish him well wherever he goes.Getting promoted too soon or into a job unsuitable to your talents can kill a promising career before it has begun in any industry. The football management industry seems to be far more ruthless than most as well.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Three in the middle would probably help, but we still should be better with the two. Virtually every side in Europe played a 4-2-3-1, with a double-pivot, but none get opened up the way we do. It's brutal. 

Closing the distance between the two wingers would help. Guardiola likes wide wingers to hug the touchline, but only at one side; our wingers are out of the game, isolated. 

Another simple thing would be to close the gap between the CB and Morelos; it's massive at times. Any pressing on the defensive transition takes too long as players are too far away from each other. Dundee were running at our box before our players noticed!

Three in the middle would perhaps help, but it goes deeper; the spacing, and structure of the team is not good enough. I can't help but feel even with three we'd still be chasing opposition players who've broken through our lines. 

Absolutely! You know the same as I do that the distance between our lines is 20-30 yards at times and the same from our wide men both staying wide at the same time instead of coming in when the ball is being worked down the opposite wing is an issue. The CB pairing other than when we've got one of the young lads in there Bates/McRorie is too slow and needs to sit back causing problems with space in behind our two pivots and at times as you say the distance from them to our striker is ridiculous too.