Rangers 4 Dundee 0 (Miller, Morelos, Murphy, Candeias)

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I would rather change set-up than accommodate Miller, but I understand why he's been put in there: Its a more natural swap with Windass; Cummings just doesn't fit there.

We'd need to change set-up with Cummings -- to be honest, Murty is either not capable of changing that much (which is fair enough, as he's not experienced), or the pressure is dictating he goes with what he knows. 

That's exactly my feelings , Miller when hes not up top , just gets in the way , and Dorrans , I just don't see anything in him at all .

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

To be honest, I wasn't saying that; I was trying to capture the general mood. I like to see how players do first.

I'd rather not play Miller, but like I posted above, I understand why he's playing in that position; there's no one else that naturally fits. 

Ah, Ok, sorry - I was going for the general mood too.  I can't see it so just following on text. I found the hatred (and it was hatred) directed by some on FF to be OTT and as baffling as the adoration of Cummings.  Who may one day develop into a good player, and may even grow up (somewhat less likely) but why he is adored and Miller despised is hard to fathom.

I've seen more of Miller in 45 mins than I have seen of Windass  after his goal against the Scum. No problem having him in there, but not as a shadow striker. He should be there behind Cummings and Morelos.

It might not be popular, but we have been more dangerous and creative with Holt and  Goss in "defensive midfield". It's the third game running where Dorrans and Docherty have not gelled at all there, Dorrans has not given any evidence that he validates a starting slot ahead of e.g. Holt, who's again not even on the bench. Our midfield is as disjointed as it gets.

We should stop long balls from the back, as these tall packed defense of Dundee send it back 9 out of 10 times and their 3 attackers cause us some real pain.

Only good thus far is that despite a dire performance, the Old Fox was there when it mattered ... and Hearts (2-0) and Ross County (1-0) are up against Aberdeen and Hibs.

Edited by der Berliner

6 minutes ago, SteveC said:

Ah, Ok, sorry - I was going for the general mood too.  I can't see it so just following on text. I found the hatred (and it was hatred) directed by some on FF to be OTT and as baffling as the adoration of Cummings.  Who may one day develop into a good player, and may even grow up (somewhat less likely) but why he is adored and Miller despised is hard to fathom.

Aye, but Cummings has got that funny tattoo, and he's a really nice guy... :facepalm: