Rangers 4 Dundee 0 (Miller, Morelos, Murphy, Candeias)

32 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Oh, rest assured that I am happy at the goals and the three points and the win. We've played badly before and snatched wins, vital wins along the way.

Today did nothing though to suggest that the midfield partnership between Docherty and Dorrans works - nor is required at home against Dundee. In fact, it was the third game on the trott were next to nothing went through a midfield not dominated by us. While we didn't dominate games with Holt and Goss in there, we at least created through them. If we play like today at Hampden, we'll get slaughtered. But today's results might give Murty the illusion that he's still on the right track ... which is something I can't be happy about.

I was sure you were dB; I was just musing on what I had thought was my bad luck seemed to turn out to be good luck.  I was looking at Aberdeen and Hibs stumbling and us scoring 4, and keeping a clean sheet v a team you know who just failed to beat you know who and so it was all sweetness and light for me while you were all having palpitations.  I'll probably see the goals now and it'll all look great! (I'm not doubting the eye-witness views - just glad I don't share them)

Jimmy Nicholl, presumably, is around to shatter said illusions?   

Edited by SteveC

As dB said if Dundee had taken their chances it could have been another bad day. We will have to improve a great deal for next week. Please Murty change your formation and play at least three in central midfield. 

Strange game today. We've played better & not won. Dundee fell apart after our second goal I thought.

I do think Murphy's starting to make a big impact now. A player who can go past defenders will always cause problems. Just needs other player to make moves into space so he can find them. 

We didn't play well at all for the first 60 mins but the second goal calmed us and after Halliday came on, that seemed to help us in midfield and we played much better late on and could have scored at will (though Dundee did tire).

We sat incredibly deep in the first half (not sure if it was to try and draw Dundee out) but it didn't work and we couldn't keep a hold of the ball at all with Dorrans anonymous and Docherty just not at the races.

I don't want to see us start with that team next week.  Miller took his goal well but missed two sitters in the second half and we were too short in midfield as he didn't drop deep to help the press (the Dee #8 was very impressive).

It's been a good Saturday though for a change so time to relax!

Halliday did well when he came on. Maybe played himself into the reckoning for next Sunday? He knows all about these games too.

Good win today and decent results elsewhere. Never thought I'd be pleased to see Naismith scoring again but I'll take it today!