New manager rumours

43 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Do you still think that? 

Managers are not exactly banging at the door wanting the job it's become a poisoned chalice I don't remember one applicant 

I like Murty and he seems a nice guy, talks very well but so did our last 2 managers and they were not good enough either.

After some players reactions yesterday Murty has lost the dressing room and does not have the right character to be our manager, nice guy yes but after hearing his interview after the game  it's just the same repetitive answer, he's not good enough IMO.

I'd be happy with someone like Slaven Bilic, Roberto Martinez has been mentioned but wouldn't be here straight away, De Boer also, even Neil Warnock to get this team sorted out, we just need a good experienced manager and soon!

Do the players need to take some responsibly, yes of course but something is not right above them and we're not pulling together!

No other club does what we have done for so long, the fans deserve much better than this from the board.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Managers are not exactly banging at the door wanting the job it's become a poisoned chalice I don't remember one applicant 

There were numerous applicants for our job, and I'd guess that many would be more tactically astute than Murty.

9 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

There were numerous applicants for our job, and I'd guess that many would be more tactically astute than Murty.

The next manager needs to be a lot more than tactically astute.

I think the idea of younger Head Coaches under a DoF gets flung out of the window now.  The pressure would have us go through them like golf balls. We need an experienced and respected, proven manager.

The board have put themselves in a very difficult position.

- How Warburton ended 

- Caixinha

- a lot of contracts to honour but with little prospective return

- Personal Finances at stake

- Dependence on ST money / yesterday / timing

- 'attack' on McInnes won't curry favour with potential candidates

- After PLG, PC and what DK said in December, suitable 'foreign' candidates will be limited.

- There aren't many suitable Scottish candidates that I can see beyond Clarke and possibly Alex Neil. 

- Other British managers maybe where there are more candidates who'd want the job.

Im sick of reading this poisoned chalice nonsense.

The last two summers have shown our board are willing to back their manager.

As for yesterday, well our game plan was all wrong. We sat back and thought we could contain them, when the last game showed they are weakest when pressed high.

The only manager we've been linked to who has had me excited is Michel Preud'homme.

That's purely from his record according to Wikipedia, but I wonder where we'd be today if we'd given him the job when he apparently applied for it before we gave it to Murty.

Time to drop the nativism and judge merit only.

13 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The only manager we've been linked to who has had me excited is Michel Preud'homme.

That's purely from his record according to Wikipedia, but I wonder where we'd be today if we'd given him the job when he apparently applied for it before we gave it to Murty.

Time to drop the nativism and judge merit only.

Frank De Boer has won more trophies thus far in his career than Advocaat had when he joined. A manager who under usual circumstance would be well out of our league.

It is also worth noting that the last man to stop a ten in the row was Dutch as well.

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Any news on whether Murty will be in charge for the remainder of the season?

I need some good news.  

I don't see how you can do anything other than make an immediate change ahead of the 5 remaining League games, even if it's only another caretaker until the end of the season.

When something is so obviously broken, you need to do something about it.

Murty being in charge of the Hearts game at Ibrox on Sunday and beyond is asking for more punishment and a potential 5th place finish.

Edited by buster.

20 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Frank De Boer has won more trophies thus far in his career than Advocaat had when he joined. A manager who under usual circumstance would be well out of our league.

It is also worth noting that the last man to stop a ten in the row was Dutch as well.

He's a bigger name but Preud-homme's record is far more impressive. He has repeated success at every club he's been to.

He certainly seems less of a gamble than de Boer right now and I think we've done enough gambling lately.