Investment apparently being announced tomorrow

49 minutes ago, craig said:

a fiver and 3 ginger bottles :thup:

As I said, don't shoot the messenger :ninja:

Whyever not?  Hell's teeth, in "Anthony and Cleopatra" a messenger is taken out and whipped for telling the truth. On football internet forums shooting is too good for those whose rosy predictions fail to come to pass. ;)

Edited by SteveC

5 hours ago, DMAA said:

Celtic moaned all the way through their European embarassment about how they didn't have the finance to compete and the pundits played along as they embarrassed Scotland again with thrashing after thrashing.

The fact is Celtic's total revenue last season was about 16% of Bayern's and 18% of PSGs.

Our revenue last season was about 17.7% of Celtic's.

It's all about the money. Significant investment for next season would be great, but we need a sustainable solution. We need a run in Europe next season badly.

That's so unlikely that it is hard to quantify.  We'd have to get into the qualifying rounds and then get through them.  I don't see that happening, it is not that long until they start after all.  We don't even know what manager or players we will have.

24 minutes ago, DJRFCGVB said:

We need as much money as we can get.

We certainly do but last year Europe cost us money, as we'd have made more in the League Cup diddy rounds (diddier even than the later rounds)

1 minute ago, les186 said:

Maybe Gerrard is bringing his piggy bank with him:)

I’m pretty sure negotiations with Gerrard are going to break down when King finally plucks up the courage to ask him if he’d be interested in “an exciting investment opportunity”. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2018 at 18:05, SteveC said:

We certainly do but last year Europe cost us money, as we'd have made more in the League Cup diddy rounds (diddier even than the later rounds)

Yeah but we need to try and improve the coefficient the club has 3,750 so we will be unseeded we need to try and get to group stage of Europa but i think we will need a kind draw but we have to get through a few rounds at least.

Edited by DJRFCGVB

17 minutes ago, DJRFCGVB said:

Yeah but we need to try and improve the coefficient the club has 3,750 so we will be unseeded we need to try and get to group stage of Europa but i think we will need a kind draw but we have to get through a few rounds at least.

We would be seeded for the First Qualifying Round.