It's a good enough result to go through to the next round.

Looks like there is a lot of work left to do.

I hope the manager has some complaints even if some on here don't.

giphy.gif

Edited by ranger_syntax

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Hmmm, it's job done and that's good news.  For the vast majority of the game we controlled it and were comfortable.  However, in attack we were very, very poor and too many players gave the ball away or finished poorly from good positions.

Defensively we did OK but didn't look too clever at set-pieces but the pick of the bunch were Jack and McCrorie who kept it simple and played well.

We need forward players.  Now.

I was delighted that we sorted out the defence, but I agree Frankie. If these guys (especially Morelos) can't recover from an obvious and serious mental block, we will struggle this year unless we bring in more attacking options.

Windass was ok again, but posted missing for too much of the game.  Morelos was involved a lot, but needs a psychologist to work on him.  If we had a striker, these games would be done and dusted in the first half with the number of chances we create.

This was a solid and comfortable performance but I'm concerned about where our goals are going to come from.  Stevie G, it's over to you.

Solely based on this game ...

Arfield was sorely missed, as he darted into dangerous positions every time. Today it was the same stuff that we saw at the tail end of last season up front. Unless he's half-blind and lame, Sadiq will sure get a game ahead of Morelos soon. Yep, it is early doors, but what lack of composure and awareness by Alfredo again. Likewise, McCrorie was sure not his usual self and I was wondering, why SG did not sub him for Docherty. Quite a few stray passes and next to nothing towards the front. As soon as Middleton came on, we had a threat down the left ... a side of the field that was virtually missing up till then. I just hope that from now on, we'll have two strikers up front ...

Given the heat, the occasion, the stage of the season and the need to get a result, I'm still satisfied enough though. 

Just now, aweebluesoandso said:

Things have changed with Morelos for some reason, he looks less than a average player, i would sell him he's not the future for us.

I'm sick of the sight of his moaning face tbh.

It just doesn't inspire confidence that he's going to get better with us.

Ok, last season but this is a fresh start and I'd want to see more of a willing sharpness rather than the tired gate.