[FT] Rangers 1 (Katic 53) - 1 Osijek

Over the moon with tonight's result and the vast majority of our play , 2 or 3 more months and we are going to be some machine .

However  I think it's time for Windassto move on , only 5 minutes to absolutely bust a gut for his teammates and he shat it , and I'm not his biggest critic I actually like him , but he isn't going to fit into this team .

More solid and winning tackles in all areas. Not getting bullied. Still a bit weak in final third in terms of finishing. Definitely progressing and more quality but a good bit to go yet!

They were skilful and well organised and could have scored first but overall I think we looked slightly the better team over both legs. They lacked a dangerous striker in the final thir. Maribor will be difficult but I think we can score away from home so priority will be keeping a clean sheet at Ibrox hopefully sneak a lead to take there. 

Glad the sheep got taken to ET and lost and have a longer journey tonight. They will be a bit down which will help us. 

SG will have to learn not to use Windass as a late sub,IMO,I sit about 30 yards from where he showed his cowardly side by turning away instead of tackling.That gave us a nervous finish to the game.

Like others on here I feel he should be sold on asap as he does not fit in to what we have.

Great game from both central defenders,Candeias was outstanding and Morelos totally deserved the chanting of his name,covered every blade of grass in their half as well as helping in defence.

Roll on next Thursday.

3 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

SG will have to learn not to use Windass as a late sub,IMO,I sit about 30 yards from where he showed his cowardly side by turning away instead of tackling.That gave us a nervous finish to the game.

Like others on here I feel he should be sold on asap as he does not fit in to what we have.

Great game from both central defenders,Candeias was outstanding and Morelos totally deserved the chanting of his name,covered every blade of grass in their half as well as helping in defence.

Roll on next Thursday.

Roll on Sunday!

I thought we played well tonight.  Maybe our best performance under Gerrard.  

We definitely need our midfielders to pass quicker though.  The amount of times a great pass was 'on' and they held onto the ball too long...frustrating.  but the signs are good.

18 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Kent contributed nothing and should have been hooked at half time.  Middleton was a far better option tonight,  even for the last 20 minutes

Can’t agree with that, I thought Ryan Kent was superb, reminded me of a young Steven Davis.

The only player I thought was off the pace was Coulibaly. Too many fancy flicks, wasn’t surprised when SG took him off. We look solid defensively & in midfield, but not creating enough genuine chances. Possibly because Tavernier & Candeias are being told to sit a lot deeper than last season.

Have to be happy to be going into the next round. I think I remember some around here a couple of months or so ago predicting this would be our exit point and I now feel that Osijek may very well have been a better team than Maribor are. And maybe even a lot better than we think they are.

I now feel that we can beat Maribor and if so then it all depends on the luck of the draw in the play off round.

But next order of business, sheep on Sunday which I can't wait for. It's a 7am kick off time for me.