[FT] Motherwell 3 - 3 Rangers (Lafferty 15, 38; Ejaria 43)

You have to ask the question whether EL group stage will be good for Rangers. While we need the money, I think we will struggle to meet our league ambitions with such a thin squad if we have to play Thursday-Sunday for weeks on end. On the other hand, if we accept it will take at least a couple of seasons to be fully competitive then perhaps EL football will only help develop our players and attract new signings. It's a hard call.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

You have to ask the question whether EL group stage will be good for Rangers. While we need the money, I think we will struggle to meet our league ambitions with such a thin squad if we have to play Thursday-Sunday for weeks on end. On the other hand, if we accept it will take at least a couple of seasons to be fully competitive then perhaps EL football will only help develop our players and attract new signings. It's a hard call.

I suppose if we get through it will depend on who we draw with luck it might be an hour's flight from Glasgow or it could be teams from the back of beyond .

Reaching EL should enhance the experience of players and transfer values. If Morelos scores a few EL goals he becomes a £15m player. International call ups more likely for the Croats, Scots and Morelos.  It also gives us higher profile across Europe especially considering where we have been. Improves advertising appeal and makes us more attractive for higher quality loans and purchases. It’s a no brainer for me. If we do EL and get a trophy it’s a big step up from where we have been and would set our stall out for 55. 

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

One bonus is we are at home after every tie while Celtic are away.

3 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

We let them dictate the match in the second half. I would've thought that this will concern the Manager. Too often we went long and gave them the ball back when we needed to get our foot on the ball and take the sting out of their kick and rush gameplan. The defending was too casual at times by certain players and I think that we relied too much on the notion that we'd be able to handle whatever they threw at us. We also gave away corners needlessly in injury time which contributed to the pressure building.

Can Flanagan play in a back three, switching sides, and against a team which is arguably the strongest in the league at deploying the tactic of pumping the ball into the air and feeding off the scraps?

Debatable imo.

Having a mobile second anchor missing today stuck out for me. That's not to say that Andy Halliday didn't have a reasonable game. Lass was, again, a big miss.

Food for thought for Stevie.

P.S. Thomson was his usual nightmarish self.

I don't believe we've looked remotely like the same team without him mate.

Gutted to lose a late goal today. Thought we did well to come from behind and get in front. As has been mentioned suspect tactics and baffling subs today, but that is the first time I have really felt Mr Gerrard's decisions cost us. Hopefully he'll learn from it, as will the team in general

Coulibaly is a massive absence to this team even so early in his Gers career imo. Fingers crossed he is back for the two massive games ahead this week