Celtic v Rangers: Becoming the real deal...

50 minutes ago, johnnyk said:

The ref was terrible today, he's not corrupt he's just terrible. I wish we brought in refs from overseas or down south, but doubt that would happen!

It was a foul on Jack before their goal that the 4th official seen and told the ref but he ignored it. He missed lots during the game he's just a very bad ref, yet probably one of the best up here which says it all!

We were poor today and gave them too much respect, we should have tried to attack more other than near the end of the game, they are not that good a team especially at the back, that's why its's frustrating to take.

However we've virtually got a new team again, we have exceeded expectations IMO up till now, and the more we play together and the more the manager learns we will keep improving.

I can understand how hard it is to get beat by them but I don't fear them with this new team and management like I have before, I am very confident to get a result at home next time if we keep improving like we have and gelling together.

We do however need to find someone who can change a game when we are not playing well or backs to the wall time, we just don't have that kind of player yet.

Someone who can create something out of nothing, hold the ball and score half chances.

They are hard to find with our budget but I'm more confident with Gerrard as manager that we can bring a special player to Rangers in the near future to help us improve even more.

Totally gutted but need to look forward and think of how much we've improved since last season already!

Today had nothing to do with the ref, the SFA or anyone else. We were comfortably beaten by a really poor team.

Gerrard has been excellent so far, but today was a Walter v Zenit. We shouldn’t be parking the bus against a crap team like this.

Watch how Celtic do in the Europa this year - they’ll get tanked by anyone half decent, as is always the case with them under Rodgers.

2 hours ago, magic hat said:

Will we as a fans ever stand up to these corrupt refs today was another example. The linesman shouting foul and the ref ignores it. 

It has in the past and it will in the future cost us points and titles. They are getting worse by the day and we are doing nothing about it. 

Can we not put a petition or rally to get them sued or relegated to a lower league for incompetence? 

The ref was very close to the incident; he is not going to listen to a linesman who is 40 yards away, only if he is in a similarly disadvantageous position. It was a mistake, not corruption - he booked Brown and didn't send McGregor off which many others anywhere might have done. BTW Willie Miller thought both Ajer andMcgregor were at it.

1 hour ago, Big Jaws said:

I can't disagree with anything you've said there to be honest. It's more or less exactly the way I seen the game too. We did invite them to come at us but even at that I felt comfortable about it. I think you're spot on about the lack of pressure on Tierneys position too and I'd like to echo here what I've said to the other guys on the pod a few times already. I know he's our captain but I feel Flanagan might have been a better option because as far as I'm concerned Tav can't play in an early 12 o'clock kick off. Tav offered us pretty much nothing down their left today and it wasn't because Candieas wasn't there because I thought Kent was doing all the work he would have done. In every early kick off I've seen him play in he's been slow to think and react and today he looked as if he was chasing the game. 

i've never heard that suggested about anyone before - the early kick-off. How do you explain that?

We had a few players who just didn't believe they could win today.  That's the disappointing thing for me, not so much the result.  Arfield, Ejaria and Barisic looked overawed by the occasion.  That's something I hope the manager has spotted because it's games like these when a player's character is truly tested.  Maybe I'm being unfair because none of them have tasted an atmosphere like that, but Goldson and Katic seemed to have the hunger to win the game and it was their first too.  I can't help but feel that Coulibaly would have relished that today and would have welcomed the opportunity to compete.  Hopefully we will see the difference he makes the next time.

I thought Jack and Morelos also competed well today.  Lafferty worked so hard but the quality just isn't there to use him as anything other than a target man.  Maybe Gerrard can see something there that I can't though.  Kent worked hard defensively but again seemed to think he had more time available on the ball than he will ever get in those fixtures.

As for Celtic, we didn't really test them today but their defence just looks so fragile.  They will drop plenty of points this season, but we need to regroup and start performing again ourselves.

This is the first test of our manager's ability to rebuild momentum so let's see how we respond.  If we return to form after the break it'll be a pleasant improvement from the last couple of seasons where a disappointment was followed by more disappointments.  I just feel Gerrard won't let that happen.

5 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

i've never heard that suggested about anyone before - the early kick-off. How do you explain that?

Peak athletic performance is entirely dependent on a persons sleep cycle and can vary across the day by as much as 26%. 

EDIT: Its technical name is the circadian cycle and or circadian phenotype.

Edited by Big Jaws

5 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Peak athletic performance is entirely dependent on a persons sleep cycle and can vary across the day by as much as 26%. 

EDIT: Its technical name is the circadian cycle and or circadian phenotype.

It's always a learning day here on Gersnet.  ?? 

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

If that incident ended with nothing they would have kept pushing for the goal. Once they scored they sat back somewhat,

All ifs and buts. In black and white, that goal shouldn’t have stood if the referee did his job properly.

13 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Today had nothing to do with the ref, the SFA or anyone else. We were comfortably beaten by a really poor team.

Gerrard has been excellent so far, but today was a Walter v Zenit. We shouldn’t be parking the bus against a crap team like this.

Watch how Celtic do in the Europa this year - they’ll get tanked by anyone half decent, as is always the case with them under Rodgers.

I am never one to usually moan about refs as I'd be on after every game, win or lose, as they are consistently bad in Scotland.

The fact is they scored from getting the ball after Jack was fouled, the fourth official says it's a foul to the ref but gets ignored, I also think it was a blatant foul don't you?

How do you know they would have scored after this if we got a free kick? You don't!

Were we poor, a big yes, were they the better team, yes, but it did have something to do with the ref when he made a mistake that changed the outcome of the game, as it has in other games where we've had players wrongly sent off etc, these things do matter and the standard of refereeing is shocking but it has been for a long time and seems to be getting worse!