The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1434413-dundee-recall-kamara-as-club-look-to-do-deal-with-rangers/

Glen Kamara has been recalled from international duty as Dundee aim to reach a deal with Rangers over the transfer of the player during this window.

The Finland international has signed a pre-contract with the Ibrox side and is due to join the club in the summer on a four year contract. But STV understands talks have taken place between the Dark and Light Blues over a potential deal this month.

Kamara was with the Finland squad in Qatar for a friendly against Sweden, but we understand the player is heading back to Scotland to hold talks with Dundee.

Finland boss Markku Kanerva confirmed that Dundee had recalled the midfielder and were permitted to do so because the match was not on FIFA's international calendar.

"They have the right to do so because it's not a so-called International Game Day," he said. "I guess the issue is related to Glen's fresh move."

Kamara came through the ranks at Arsenal before joining Dundee in 2017.

19 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1434413-dundee-recall-kamara-as-club-look-to-do-deal-with-rangers/

Glen Kamara has been recalled from international duty as Dundee aim to reach a deal with Rangers over the transfer of the player during this window.

The Finland international has signed a pre-contract with the Ibrox side and is due to join the club in the summer on a four year contract. But STV understands talks have taken place between the Dark and Light Blues over a potential deal this month.

Kamara was with the Finland squad in Qatar for a friendly against Sweden, but we understand the player is heading back to Scotland to hold talks with Dundee.

Finland boss Markku Kanerva confirmed that Dundee had recalled the midfielder and were permitted to do so because the match was not on FIFA's international calendar.

"They have the right to do so because it's not a so-called International Game Day," he said. "I guess the issue is related to Glen's fresh move."

Kamara came through the ranks at Arsenal before joining Dundee in 2017.

I noticed he wasn't in the Finland squad for their game with Sweden. Interesting...

Good to see Polster is in Tenerife. 

Have to wonder if Gutman is another PR move by Celtic like Allan, Morgan, Shankland and so on. Would be a blow to lose him now because he was offered a contract by Gerrard so he’s been deemed good enough. 

24 minutes ago, craig said:

I know this is a little off topic.... but Celtic have made 3 signings as well and, to be quite honest, none of them bother me.

Rangers needed more firepower up front and increased creativity.  Defoe should definitely offer the former and Davis should offer the latter.  We also have secured 2 very decent young players for next season too (good to see us looking to the future).

Whilst across the city they have added two strikers (Bayo and Weah) and a winger (Burke).  With Burke I don't see how they need him - they already have decent wingers.  And with both Bayo & Weah they will be vying to replace the 9 million pound man, Odouard.  Bringing in new guys may have strengthened them squad wise but I am not convinced that they have strengthened their starting XI.  I think their issues are greater in both defence and midfield.  Boyata (CB) is pish, Lustig & Ralston (RB) are pish, and then in midfield they have Ntcham who seems to have downed tools and Brown who is visibly slowing down.

Thus far, and admittedly it is early in the window, we look to have strengthened our starting XI and improved in the areas that we all felt needed strengthening - whereas Celtic don't, to me at least, seem to have strengthened their starting XI or in areas that they really needed the strengthening.

Agree 100%. The Burke one is the strangest IMO. Let's be honest, Burke has flattered to deceive for the last 2 years and they've added him to the most functional part of their team. Is he going to play ahead of Forest? Doubt it. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agree 100%. The Burke one is the strangest IMO. Let's be honest, Burke has flattered to deceive for the last 2 years and they've added him to the most functional part of their team. Is he going to play ahead of Forest? Doubt it. 

It was a cheap way to get a well known name to appease the rabid masses.

9 hours ago, craig said:

I know this is a little off topic.... but Celtic have made 3 signings as well and, to be quite honest, none of them bother me.

Rangers needed more firepower up front and increased creativity.  Defoe should definitely offer the former and Davis should offer the latter.  We also have secured 2 very decent young players for next season too (good to see us looking to the future).

Whilst across the city they have added two strikers (Bayo and Weah) and a winger (Burke).  With Burke I don't see how they need him - they already have decent wingers.  And with both Bayo & Weah they will be vying to replace the 9 million pound man, Odouard.  Bringing in new guys may have strengthened them squad wise but I am not convinced that they have strengthened their starting XI.  I think their issues are greater in both defence and midfield.  Boyata (CB) is pish, Lustig & Ralston (RB) are pish, and then in midfield they have Ntcham who seems to have downed tools and Brown who is visibly slowing down.

Thus far, and admittedly it is early in the window, we look to have strengthened our starting XI and improved in the areas that we all felt needed strengthening - whereas Celtic don't, to me at least, seem to have strengthened their starting XI or in areas that they really needed the strengthening.

I have been told by a some  Celtic fans that bishop Brendan is working his ticket ,come the first decent job offer he will be away 

19 minutes ago, compo said:

I have been told by a some  Celtic fans that bishop Brendan is working his ticket ,come the first decent job offer he will be away 

You been back listening to BBC Scotland again Compo ?

You need yir heid examined.