The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, craig said:

This just helps us - if their fans get on his back then their Board is likely to make it easier to deal with before the end of January for a cut-price deal.

If we are going spend any money fast tracking our 2 pre-contract signings, I would rather have Kamara than Jones tbh. 

I would too - indeed, was going to say I would prefer him to stay at Killie as he could be a threat against other teams which may help us... and there is also the chance Clarke wouldn't play him against Rangers for obvious reasons.

Either way, their SLO being petulant doesn't help Killie at all - more likely to disillusion the player.

I just read on Twitter that the CLO wants rid of him in January but not to Rangers.  How daft does someone need to be given he has already signed a pre-contract agreement ???  :roflmao:

53 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We have enough wingers.  I'd rather we brought Kamara in this month and continued to look for a creative midfielder. 

I agree but I’ve given up on that already. Might be silly but Davis has been given the number 10 jersey and I think if we had someone lined up for that role we’d have saved it. There have been no serious links and just looking at the centre midfield numbers I think we’re going to be going with Arfield in the attacking mid position with Davis expected to be more creative behind him than Coulibaly/McCrorie. Same goes for Kamara if he comes in. 

Just now, DMAA said:

I agree but I’ve given up on that already. Might be silly but Davis has been given the number 10 jersey and I think if we had someone lined up for that role we’d have saved it. There have been no serious links and just looking at the centre midfield numbers I think we’re going to be going with Arfield in the attacking mid position with Davis expected to be more creative behind him than Coulibaly/McCrorie. Same goes for Kamara if he comes in. 

And I think Defoe alleviates the need for a no 10 in Gerrard’s mind which I’d agree with because 2 up front is a strong option now. 

SONG ROW

Rangers-bound Jordan Jones storm over ‘Gers songs in pub’ video

The Kilmarnock star signed a pre-contract with the Ibrox club on Saturday and admitted it was a 'dream come true' on social media after the announcement

JORDAN JONES has been slammed by a Killie Trust director after a video surfaced allegedly from his Snapchat account showing fans singing Rangers songs in a pub.

The Kilmarnock star, 24, will join the Light Blues this summer after signing a pre-contract with them.

He admitted it was "a dream come true" on Twitter after the move was announced on Saturday, signing off his tweet with "#WATP".

A Snapchat video, allegedly posted on Jones' account showing a pub full of fans singing Rangers songs, later surfaced on social media.

Now, Killie Trust director Barry Richmond has slammed the Northern Ireland international for signing the deal at this point in the season.

And Richmond said he it was "completely out of order" for the post seemingly to appear on his Snapchat account, especially on the day of the Rugby Park club's 150th anniversary.

Speaking to Rock Sport Radio, Richmond said: "It's a total no-win situation here. There's nothing we can do that's going to make anything any better.

"It just makes a mockery of the full thing that you can actually sign pre-contracts with teams in the same league.

"Somebody should be looking at that. I mean it's ridiculous that this is happening.

"That guy's absolutely no use to us now for the rest of his contract. We've got him for another six months and he's no use to us whatsoever.

"It's no surprise where he went at the end of the day.

"There's virtually not a Killie fan out there who's really, I must say, we're not really bothered because we like the guy.

"We get on well with him, he's a good player for us - we'd have wished him all the best at the end of the season if he decided to move on.

"That's no problem to us at all.

"The big problem was how this looks, especially on the day of our 150th anniversary.

"To go out first of all on Twitter and then on Snapchat, singing all the kind of songs they were singing, is completely out of order."

Richmond was then asked whether Jones should be given the opportunity to play for Kilmarnock again this season.

He replied: "As it stands, I'd probably rather he didn't play for us again.

"Equally though I don't want us punting him off to Rangers the now because it then just looks like they're upsetting our season. I'm quite happy for him to go somewhere else."

At Kilmarnock's 150th anniversary dinner on Saturday, videos emerged of fans booing whenever footage of Jones appeared on screen.

SunSport Online has contacted Kilmarnock for comment.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3724312/rangers-jordan-jones-songs-pub-kilmarnock-barry-richmond/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547052470

8 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Killie Trust director Barry Richmond has slammed the Northern Ireland international for signing the deal at this point in the season.

What a load of crap. What's he supposed to do? Not sign then watch Rangers go for someone else and his chance may be permanently gone?

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

What a load of crap. What's he supposed to do? Not sign then watch Rangers go for someone else and his chance may be permanently gone?

Killie are now regretting not taking the offer of cash when it was there due to the bitterness and hatred of us on behalf of St Pats. They are trying to get some dosh from us taking him now.

Fuck them, give them nothing, we can wait till the summer.