[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 16; Goldson 90+1)

All in all, this is as one-sided as it can get, only the goals are missing.

We can essentially swap Barisic for Jones straight away. Nigh nothing to defend and Borna has not been that willing to let a cross fly or take responsibility.

Ojo and Aribo would do well to shoot more often too.

How Broadfoot got away when he hurled Morelos about is utterly beyond me, not least when the latter barely touched him. Clearly on a mission to antagonize. Then he shoulders Foderingham ... he 's turned into some vile beast, this one.

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Have to say I'm not happy with that performance, especially after we scored.

We're far, far too ponderous on the ball and our decision-making is dreadful at times meaning we're constantly giving the ball away or running down blind allies.  Tav is also having a nightmare whilst Arfield and Aribo aren't in the game at all.

All in all, I appreciate Killie are sitting very deep but we need to move the ball quicker and play with a lot more intelligence.  Thankfully we've been reasonably assured at the back but KIllie do carry a threat on the counter.

I would agree with much of what you've said, but it looks like we have taken control of the pace of the game here, rather than gone ponderous.  I've said before that Ojo and Arfield are both comfortable on the same side of the pitch so I feel that Ojo isn't getting a chance to be creative at all.  It's also fairly evident that they are putting two men on Aribo so he will have to time his runs much better to lose his men.  I'd be worried in this position last year but this feels different this time.  I hope im right and not just my usual optimistic self.

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Have to say I'm not happy with that performance, especially after we scored.

We're far, far too ponderous on the ball and our decision-making is dreadful at times meaning we're constantly giving the ball away or running down blind allies.  Tav is also having a nightmare whilst Arfield and Aribo aren't in the game at all.

All in all, I appreciate Killie are sitting very deep but we need to move the ball quicker and play with a lot more intelligence.  Thankfully we've been reasonably assured at the back but KIllie do carry a threat on the counter.

Agreed we have created little or nothing. To many slack passes and no width. 

Just now, Gaffer said:

I would agree with much of what you've said, but it looks like we have taken control of the pace of the game here, rather than gone ponderous.  I've said before that Ojo and Arfield are both comfortable on the same side of the pitch so I feel that Ojo isn't getting a chance to be creative at all.  It's also fairly evident that they are putting two men on Aribo so he will have to time his runs much better to lose his men.  I'd be worried in this position last year but this feels different this time.  I hope im right and not just my usual optimistic self.

We're 1-0 up so of course we don't really want an open, quick game but neither do we want to leave all the play-making to our defenders as if/when Killie equalise we're struggle to lift our tempo again.

If I was the manager I'd be really annoyed at how passive we've been at times.

• Frankie changed the title to Kilmarnock 0 - 1 Rangers (Arfield 16)