[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 16; Goldson 90+1)

Pitch was taken in a few seasons ago , it’s the same as last year , that’s from a Killie season ticket holder .

However this pitch is just as slow as last years , and they play the same horrible way , fecking hate these games .

So far so good .

This was always going to be the toughest of opening games but we've done really well so far.  Jack, Davis and Aribo are in complete control here and when Morelos is in this sort of mood he is just brilliant to watch.  This is why he needs to stay because on this form he's our best player and an absolute nightmare to play against.

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Kilmarnock 0 - 1 Rangers (Arfield 16)

Decent start, IMO.

We've had all the possession, shown a bit of intent, at least at stages, but perhaps not troubled their 'keeper as much as we should have. 

I think it's been quite controlled, from us; they've rarely go forward as a result, and Katic has dealt with anything that does get forward.

11 minutes ago, rbr said:

Pitch was taken in a few seasons ago , it’s the same as last year , that’s from a Killie season ticket holder .

However this pitch is just as slow as last years , and they play the same horrible way , fecking hate these games .

So far so good .

It's a new pitch so how can that work. 

Have to say I'm not happy with that performance, especially after we scored.

We're far, far too ponderous on the ball and our decision-making is dreadful at times meaning we're constantly giving the ball away or running down blind allies.  Tav is also having a nightmare whilst Arfield and Aribo aren't in the game at all.

All in all, I appreciate Killie are sitting very deep but we need to move the ball quicker and play with a lot more intelligence.  Thankfully we've been reasonably assured at the back but KIllie do carry a threat on the counter.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Have to say I'm not happy with that performance, especially after we scored.

We're far, far too ponderous on the ball and our decision-making is dreadful at times meaning we're constantly giving the ball away or running down blind allies.  Tav is also having a nightmare whilst Arfield and Aribo aren't in the game at all.

All in all, I appreciate Killie are sitting very deep but we need to move the ball quicker and play with a lot more intelligence.  Thankfully we've been reasonably assured at the back but KIllie do carry a threat on the counter.

Yes, we need to get back to the quick passing from the end of last season.

Fine today but there are a few more difficult matches coming up.