The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Interestingly enough, Shaqiri's name has been mentioned a few times over the last month or so but there are a few issues:

1.  Liverpool are very unlikely to loan us two players.

2.  He's been injured for a good while so would take some weeks to get fully fit.

3.  Liverpool have also said they don't want to loan him out (to bigger teams than us as well).

If we are to loan an EPL player then it would happen this week but I don't think it will be Shaqiri.

Reflecting on the extent of our midfield capitulation yesterday, the part of our team I thought was the strongest now worries me a lot. It doesn’t matter how capable they can be, if they effectively down-tools like that it suggests something fundamentally lacking. Take away Jack and we’re exposed as powderpuff in midfield. We need some Souness, Roberts, Hurlock mentality on board, fast.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Reflecting on the extent of our midfield capitulation yesterday, the part of our team I thought was the strongest now worries me a lot. It doesn’t matter how capable they can be, if they effectively down-tools like that it suggests something fundamentally lacking. Take away Jack and we’re exposed as powderpuff in midfield. We need some Souness, Roberts, Hurlock mentality on board, fast.

I am fed up saying this we need a midfield enforcer 

A right good hard ticket 

Edited by compo

31 minutes ago, compo said:

A right good hard ticket 

Not sure if that's the problem with our midfield tbh. I feel we need more variety. For me Jack, Davis and Kamara offer much the same thing. Tidy possession play and a good fulcrum for the way the team operates. It's nice on the eye but what concerns me is the lack of threat from all three. We have 3 midfielders that will be lucky to get 10 goals between this season. 

43 minutes ago, compo said:

A right good hard ticket 

It's not the physical hardman we need, it's the strong mentality that's missing. Only Jack appears to have it.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's not the physical hardman we need, it's the strong mentality that's missing. Only Jack appears to have it.

We aren’t looking at that type of player

We need and want an attacking midfielder but people need to be realistic 

We have a £10m shortfall which the board are covering this year, we aren’t spending what we don’t have 

We will get one in but I expect a loan or small deal unless the board self fund & that’s a huge ask & goes against previous statements of ‘ad hoc cheque writing’ is over 

We will move this week (an informed opinion) but I am realistic in our possibilities 

I think the last three games have highlighted the drop in quality should we be missing some of our first picks.   Appreciate we need to be realistic but I would be hopeful of someone in midfield and potentially a forward option too.   Ideally both who are capable of immediately making an impact.