European Championship 2020 (2021)

Italy allowed the penalty to upset them. Belgium should have equalised early in the second half. If they had done, did Italy have the mettle to prevent a winner? 

Two fine teams both better than England but England have the gift of being able to stultify more talented sides and to cope with the others.

The Cup is theirs. At least we’ll get a rest from journos and broadcasters and celebs going on about 1966. Real supporters of England rarely mention it.

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Italy allowed the penalty to upset them. Belgium should have equalised early in the second half. If they had done, did Italy have the mettle to prevent a winner? 

Two fine teams both better than England but England have the gift of being able to stultify more talented sides and to cope with the others.

The Cup is theirs. At least we’ll get a rest from journos and broadcasters and celebs going on about 1966. Real supporters of England rarely mention it.

You won't get a rest - you will get their pundits and their commentators.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

You won't get a rest - you will get their pundits and their commentators.

You’re right. No rest as such. Just a rest from 1966. We’ll have Euro 21 for the next 50 years but at least it’s different.

Well I didn't/don't want England to win this tournament but given social media reaction, the seethe it would heep on those some in Scotland who are still smarting from 55 will be a joy to see ?

Edited by CammyF

8 hours ago, CammyF said:

the seethe it would heep on those some in Scotland who are still smarting from 55 will be a joy to see

Agreed.  Don't want England to win it (and don't think they will) but if they do, the bitter ScotNat type's rage will be a definite silver lining. 

21 hours ago, Rousseau said:

The BEL-ITA game was superb!

I'm gutted for Spinazzola -- he's been one of the most entertaining and effective players in the tournament. 

Agreed - total shame for the lad. It was a strange one as well, he just seemed to run at an awkward angle. He was on fire until then and I hope the Italians dont let it get to them because they have been by far the best side in the tournament and Im hoping they go on and win it. The replacement is the guy from Chelsea who hasnt played that much football.

The English media are just the biggest nuisance but its building itself up nicely for a typical fall. Its been the same as the WC with an easy run plus playing 4 out of 5 so far at home. There is a part of me who does think they could win it due to home advantage but if Italy play like they have been then they would beat them - their central defence is immense. Spain wouldnt fill me with too much confidence in beating England.

Edited by Gribz