[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers

4 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I think we can take solace in the fact that the only team foreign or domestic that play us like Celtic, are Celtic...cause if our European competition start to...we are most definitely f****d. 

LOL!

I’ll be totally honest - I take no solace in that at all. I often wonder why this team can body European teams like Dortmund, Leipzig and PSV but shit the bed v them and can’t be bothered beating hibs. There is an attitude problem here and it’s been abundantly clear for some time.

11 hours ago, Bill said:

The solution to this mess obviously lies with the management and players but I think there's also a need for some realism among the support. Since witnessing a humiliating defeat, where our rivals gave us the proverbial runaround for 90 minutes, I repeatedly read about how Celtic are "shit", "ordinary", "nothing special" and that if we had only turned up today we would surely have beaten them. This, of course, is pure delusion. From what I've seen, Celtic are better than us in every department. They pass better, they're direct, they're faster, hungrier, more aggressive,. They're better organised, more coordinated and appear to be far better prepared and motivated.

Postecoglou isn't a fat useless Aussie, he's a serious manager who has a considerable track record of success and clearly understand what it takes to be the number one team in this parish. In a single season he's transformed a sinking ship, won the league, reached the CL group stages and created a team that is miles ahead of Rangers. So perhaps we need to give the Devil his due and admit the magnitude 

10 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Yes you can. If you have the right players who fit in to a coherent system. At this stage, I'm not sure what our system or playing identity is under Gio.

I don't think gio knows either

10 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Yes you can. If you have the right players who fit in to a coherent system. At this stage, I'm not sure what our system or playing identity is under Gio.

I said the same a few times when Gio first took over and our run of games just before and right after the winter break. Nothing has changed there worryingly.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

And another thing, Colak giving Juranovic a wee kiss and cuddle in the tunnel before KO.

That, Goldson not telling that yahoo, who was cuddling him when he was down injured, to f*ck off and GvB cuddling the fat Australian after the match - these things were all symbolic of our piss poor attitude yesterday.  

No real pride or passion - we're far too nice.  

Edited by Gonzo79

It is beggars belief that after two transfer windows we finished the game with stevie gs team.  We should have had a clear out after we won the league.  That teams shelf life was up then.  It concerns me that not only are the majority still here we're giving them new contracts.   Who ever is making these decisions needs to be removed.   

3 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Lawerence was a huge miss, we had more possession, more passes and yet we had zero cutting edge.

They have pushed the boat out since getting champions league money.

We play the vast majority of our football in our own half.

13 hours ago, Bill said:

The solution to this mess obviously lies with the management and players but I think there's also a need for some realism among the support. Since witnessing a humiliating defeat, where our rivals gave us the proverbial runaround for 90 minutes, I repeatedly read about how Celtic are "shit", "ordinary", "nothing special" and that if we had only turned up today we would surely have beaten them. This, of course, is pure delusion. From what I've seen, Celtic are better than us in every department. They pass better, they're direct, they're faster, hungrier, more aggressive,. They're better organised, more coordinated and appear to be far better prepared and motivated.

Postecoglou isn't a fat useless Aussie, he's a serious manager who has a considerable track record of success and clearly understand what it takes to be the number one team in this parish. In a single season he's transformed a sinking ship, won the league, reached the CL group stages and created a team that is miles ahead of Rangers. So perhaps we need to give the Devil his due and admit the magnitude of the task facing Rangers.

How is it possible there could be such a gulf in class between the teams we watched today? I didn't expect it to be so glaring and admit to being taken aback by how good they were. One thing is for sure, the distance between the two sides won't be closed by failing to admit it exists.

I've thought this from his first game - or, at least after their shaky start. 

He's not done it at a great level (i.e. Australia and Japan), but he's a good coach; he has a philosophy that he can implement. 

I remember when we were linked with Ange after Pedro, I think? Maybe before Pedro, actually. I was receptive to that move, but concerned about his 'level'.