[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers

Switch the managers around and he'd change alot of the players.

He probably would, but he'd get a lot more out of this team than GvB.

Our squad is inadequate, not balanced, doesn't have enough energy, is only occasionally motivated and is primed for finishing 2nd in a 2 horse race.

I disagree with this. That's not to say it's not lacking: I've wanted an #8 for a while; RW is bare; we need more forwards/inside forwards etc.

This manager hasn't got what it takes to turn this around.

Agreed. I've never thought he had it in the first place. His European exploits mystify me. 

10 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Due to a commitment i never saw the game at all today , first one against them that i've missed in a long time ,seems i missed very little .

It did feel in the run up to it ,that the outcome had a certain inevitability about it ,but 4-0 ..FFS.

I take solace from the fact that our domestic form, strangely and rather annoyingly , bares no resemblance whatsoever to our European form .

Onwards and upwards.

I think we'll get found out in Europe (CL) this season.

We need to start a rebuild with a couple of the younger players and do some major surgery in the next couple of window (in and out).

I don't think Gio is the man for the job.

We continue as we are, things will just get worse.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think we'll get found out in Europe (CL) this season.

Losing to much more expensively assembled teams isn't really being 'found out'.  

The domestic situation is the real concern, particularly our away form.  We knew how Celtc would play yesterday but the team didn't look prepared at all.  Why was that!?

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He probably would, but he'd get a lot more out of this team than GvB.

I disagree with this. That's not to say it's not lacking: I've wanted an #8 for a while; RW is bare; we need more forwards/inside forwards etc.

Agreed. I've never thought he had it in the first place. His European exploits mystify me. 

Sack the Dutch dud now

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The domestic situation is the real concern, particularly our away form.  We knew how Celtc would play yesterday but the team didn't look prepared at all.  Why was that!?

We have about 30 coaches on the sidelines and yet no-one made the players aware that Celtic were tactically using quick throws and free kicks. To be honest everyone should be have been aware after the first time but when it happened again and again, that was criminal. 

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

To be honest everyone should be have been aware after the first time but when it happened again and again, that was criminal. 

Aye, was shocking to watch it again and again and again.  You can't excuse that level of negligence.  

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not all, but generally this group of players are stale, not as hungry and motivated as opposition, not as fit, not as high energy levels and haven't got the leadership on or off the park to change it.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

We have about 30 coaches on the sidelines and yet no-one made the players aware that Celtic were tactically using quick throws and free kicks. To be honest everyone should be have been aware after the first time but when it happened again and again, that was criminal. 

Them taking quick throw ins was specifically mentioned by GvB in his post-match comments as something the team had failed to take on board, so it sounds like that’s down to the players.